Long Weekend

Old May 16th 2015, 1:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Weekend

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Makes one wonder why they pay no attention to all those studies that show they lose more money failing to look after their employees doesn't it.
Morale can be more important then pay, provide a good work environment, don't screw the employees anywhere you can, and you may find people stay and may not demand as much because they feel appreciated and morale is good.

There is also just plain being cheap like not replacing a broken air con unit and having your employees work in 27-28 degree indoor temps with no air circulation, and then complaining that people look sweaty and not professional.

Imagine if its 27/28 inside when it's 20 outside, how hot it will be when its 30 outside.
Old May 16th 2015, 2:47 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing tonight - just catch up on some british TV and some stuff on 4od

Tomorrow - a couple of suite viewings (hoping I can nail this thing this weekend). Then off for a meal with friends in evening

Sunday - Skype call with a friend at home and maybe down to the beach if it's nice weather

Monday - I don't work Mondays anyway so I womt do anything special
Old May 16th 2015, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Our daughter and grandson arrive later this evening for a week's visit. So we will be talking, eating, and ensuring the 5-year old gets lots of exercise and "excursions".

We will avoid going out of Vancouver, going where there are big crowds, and spending a lot of money.

We will have one short trip out of Vancouver ...... over one or t'other of the bridges to the North Shore to see the new family member born last Monday. That will allow daughter to see her cousin and his wife, and all of us to say hello to the little girl.

We do get to look after our grandson all day on Thursday as daughter is going over to the Island for the day to see friends. I think that is going to be an Aquarium day

It is also UBC Graduation Ceremonies beginning on Wednesday, and OH has a big role to play in the ceremonies. He's found replacements for the 4 ceremonies on Thursday, but has to be there on Wednesday and Friday. So daughter and I will be spending time together ......... I think she'll take OH out there and then pick him up at the end of the day, so she can drive us around to places.
Old May 16th 2015, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Pro D Day today so we made pizza and introduced the 7 year old to the Star Wars movies, i think she enjoyed it!

Tomorrow we are off to Cloverdale Rodeo

Sunday I'm working

Monday I'm cleaning and staining the deck!
Old May 16th 2015, 4:22 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I haven't had oysters in years, have some for me. Maybe I'll do kippers in the morning, I don't absolutely have to work. Should go visit a shut-in friend and another in the hospital.
I will be in Galway for the finest oysters on the planet in 2 weeks. Add Guinness, heaven mate.
Old May 16th 2015, 7:04 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Companies really only have themselves to blame for consumers being cheap, they keep reducing pay, hours, and benefits, so people have less money, people have less money they spend less. Add in high housing, and there should be no surprise why people may not be willing to spend more then they have to.
Not really. There's a definite mentality amongst some consumers of all income levels to pay as little as possible. As Aviator said, as you go up the value chain conditions for staff tend to improve.

Long weekend? That's next weekend in Blighty. Probably will just shelter from the rain.
Old May 16th 2015, 7:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Not really. There's a definite mentality amongst some consumers of all income levels to pay as little as possible. As Aviator said, as you go up the value chain conditions for staff tend to improve.

Long weekend? That's next weekend in Blighty. Probably will just shelter from the rain.
Its very possible these companies complaining simply are not producing a product or service the consumer see's value in.

Apple for example seem's to have no issues with high prices, but consumers seem to see value in their product at the high prices.
Old May 16th 2015, 7:32 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Its very possible these companies complaining simply are not producing a product or service the consumer see's value in.

Apple for example seem's to have no issues with high prices, but consumers seem to see value in their product at the high prices.
Something like that. Apple adds "value" to it's products through design and marketing. It's not unlike a Ford and a Lincoln, as you add value to the vehicle the consumers are less price conscious and therefore there is more budget to pay for more expensive finishes and more expensive workers.
Old May 16th 2015, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

MrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond repute

Friday night, got a couple of Growlers refilled from the local craft beer brewery. Drinks at home while listening to a Sasquatch Music Festival playlist on Spotify.

Today - Pick up some things we need for camping. Chilled Saturday evening.

Sunday will be chilled, may be afternoon beers with friends

Monday is another chilled day.

Wouldn't mind seeing the new Mad Max movie.

Back to work for 2 days. Then off to the Sasquatch Music Festival in Washington.
Old May 16th 2015, 3:22 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going fishing; the old buggers will have to hang in there one more day.
Old May 16th 2015, 3:48 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

@Hyperpants

I hated the last Mad Max 3 movie, this one is similar I would think, the only Mad Max I would watch is if they managed to remake Mad Max 1 with the real bikes and real cars. That I would watch.
Old May 16th 2015, 5:15 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Well we watched Into the Woods last night- didn't finish it, it was poor.

Today there is a party to go to this evening and tomorrow our neighbour is having a BBQ to open his pool for the summer. It's meant to be 25 degrees tomorrow but it's not looking promising today..

Sunday evening Pitch Perfect 2 with some friends of mine.

Monday maybe Algonquin- see if we can see some wildlife about
Old May 16th 2015, 5:45 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Although fun, the extended session probably wasn't the best idea in retrospect.
Old May 16th 2015, 6:50 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Although fun, the extended session probably wasn't the best idea in retrospect.
My deepest sympathy.
Old May 16th 2015, 7:39 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
My deepest sympathy.
Nothing that a couple of Solpadeine Plus and a fry up couldn't fix.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.