Las Vegas shooting

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Las Vegas shooting

Originally Posted by Shard
I thought so too. Plenty of extremism and sanctioning of extremism in the Islam world. I don't believe all the religion of peace BS. Having said that, what is this discussion doing on the Las Vegas thread. The shooter seems to be an American accountant.

I don't believe its the religion of peace either, infact religion in general is the source of many disputes and hatred.

Anyway this part of the thread came about because ISIS had claimed responsibility and I commented that terrorists don't have to be from a traditional Muslim background to be an Islamic extremist.

Its a comment that is trying to be translated into something that its not, so has started to derail the thread somewhat.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:08 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
He doesnt have to have a "foreign" sounding name or be non white to be an Islamic extremist - there are many white people who have converted to this extreme ideology and carried out these atrocities. ISIS are already claiming responsibility for it.
Originally Posted by Shard
I thought so too. Plenty of extremism and sanctioning of extremism in the Islam world. I don't believe all the religion of peace BS. Having said that, what is this discussion doing on the Las Vegas thread. The shooter seems to be an American accountant.
P_S very quickly suggested that the shooter "might" be an Islamic extremist despite being a white man called John Doe. Distraction politics par excellence.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:28 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
If you were living in the USA and had a gun, would you voluntarily hand it in?
We are victims of how we were brought up.

I was brought up in the UK. I never knew anyone who owned a gun and to this day don't feel the need or desire to own one. If I bump into a man in a bar it isn't my first reaction to ask myself if he's armed.

If I were brought up in the US where I probably wouldn't know anyone who didn't own a gun then on bumping into the man in the bar my first act might be to remove the safety on my automatic and be prepared... just in case, so I probably wouldn't hand it over.

Best not to bump into strange men or women in a bar.. for other reasons as well.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

P_S very quickly suggested that the shooter "might" be an Islamic extremist despite being a white man called John Doe. Distraction politics par excellence.

The news stated this morning that ISIS had claimed responsibility! That claim seems to have been played down now though, all I was doing was stating facts! Don't make more of the comment that it is!

Thats all I'm going to say about it now as its conversation thats going nowhere.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:44 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
The news stated this morning that ISIS had claimed responsibility! That claim seems to have been played down now though, all I was doing was stating facts! Don't make more of the comment that it is!

Thats all I'm going to say about it now as its conversation thats going nowhere.
Is still not ruled out, but it's highly unlikely
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I pondered the same question and via Google I found this:

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.indepe...831.html%3Famp

The results: “right-wing extremists were behind nearly twice as many incidents” as terror acts associated with those identified as “Islamist domestic terrorism”.
We're looking for white Islamic terrorists so white supremacists probably don't qualify.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I was brought up in the UK. I never knew anyone who owned a gun...
Not even a Gat air pistol?

I remember something similar called a Webley but it was better than a Gat because when firing, the barrel didn't shoot out and spoil your aim.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:01 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Not even a Gat air pistol?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...cockedLeft.JPG

I remember something similar called a Webley but it was better than a Gat because when firing, the barrel didn't shoot out and spoil your aim.
We had a few gat guns and a rifle, used to shoot the crap out of my back garden when I got home drunk
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:17 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

We had a few gat guns and a rifle, used to shoot the crap out of my back garden when I got home drunk
Not something to try in the middle of London in the block of flats I lived in.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by dave_j
Not something to try in the middle of London in the block of flats I lived in.
It's acceptable practice in Blackpool, they do it on the pier so why not at my home
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:39 am

17 guns in the hotel room, 18 guns at his home, thousands of rounds of ammo, and explosives found at his house.

I am now wondering if the brother of this guy really knew his own brother that well ?
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 1:02 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Cat Stevens converted to Islam
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 1:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

17 guns in the hotel room, 18 guns at his home, thousands of rounds of ammo, and explosives found at his house.

I am now wondering if the brother of this guy really knew his own brother that well ?
According to the NY Times, 2 of the shooters 3 brothers said they were not close, and the 3rd was not able to be located with one of the brothers media spoke to saying he had not been in contact with the shooter in 20 years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/u...s-shooter.html
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
According to the NY Times, 2 of the shooters 3 brothers said they were not close, and the 3rd was not able to be located with one of the brothers media spoke to saying he had not been in contact with the shooter in 20 years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/u...s-shooter.html
Wow, he came across as he was close and certain his brother was not even into guns.

Have a feeling a lot of unknowns will surface soon enough
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/gunman-kil...151003919.html

now being reported that shooter was wealthy multimillionaire real estate investor. Maybe we should now be wary of such people!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.