Landing in January 2008 - is it a good Idea

Landing in January 2008 - is it a good Idea

Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Riadh is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Landing in January 2008 - is it a good Idea

hi

i am planning to land in January 2008 - just got my immigration visa -

please advise if this is a good idea or not, should i come early let say mid November 2007 - or first Dec 2008 is this good

your feedback is highly appreciated
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing in January 2008 - is it a good Idea

Originally Posted by Riadh
hi

i am planning to land in January 2008 - just got my immigration visa -

please advise if this is a good idea or not, should i come early let say mid November 2007 - or first Dec 2008 is this good

your feedback is highly appreciated
Do you mean because of the weather? Or time-wise because of your visa? I don't understand the question.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

hi there,

thanks for ur reply,

i mean because of the weather and the fact that I will be looking for a job so do u like employers will be still interested in hiring new immigrants in the winter - I know very well that life goes on but i am concerned that i only have small amount of money and would like to look for a job once i land
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:00 pm
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

Its probably actually easier to be hired in the winter than the summer. In the summer I've found that often the decision makers are away on vacation, so no decision is made on hiring for a month or more.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Notiaink...honest
Its probably actually easier to be hired in the winter than the summer. In the summer I've found that often the decision makers are away on vacation, so no decision is made on hiring for a month or more.
Hi there,

thank you for the advice, and I would like other to contribute please specially in regard to the weather - So is it good idea to Land and settle in Canada in Winter while looking for a Job

thanks all
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:12 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Riadh
thank you for the advice, and I would like other to contribute please specially in regard to the weather - So is it good idea to Land and settle in Canada in Winter while looking for a Job
In my experience, hiring decisions are frozen over the Christmas / New Year Period. Basically that means that little hiring is done in December. Once New Year is out of the way (early January onwards), hiring resumes.

It can be miserable to travel around a Canadian city in January. On the other hand, the buildings in the downtown cores of some cities are connected by pedestrian tunnels that protect one from the weather. In Montreal and Toronto, the tunnels are underground. In Calgary they're overhead.

If you did not already have warm outer clothing when you arrived, you would need tio buy some when you landed in Canada. If you arrived in winter, you would need to buy outdoor garments immediately. You would not be able to wait. That would be an expense for which you would need to budget.