Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The kindness of strangers

The kindness of strangers

Old Mar 28th 2017, 2:20 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The kindness of strangers

This is a nice story: https://theovercast.ca/just-when-i-t...n-of-humanity/

(Belbins is a higher end independent grocery store in St John's)
Old Mar 29th 2017, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The point about charitable giving is that you do it without bragging about it !
Old Mar 29th 2017, 10:25 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
"Important work for charidee mate"
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Isn't that what these are examples of?
Old Apr 1st 2017, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

This is all wonderful heart warming stuff but beware, good deeds rarely go unpunished..😎
Old Apr 25th 2017, 2:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Not his school and not even his town, but the owner of a contracting company (Near Fredericton) heard about damage to a school field and has offered time and equipment at no charge to get it fixed.

"It's the right thing to do" he said.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I like helping people. Even if it's sometimes for totally selfish reasons! Still helps the other person!!
Old May 12th 2017, 1:13 pm
Oscar nominated

Leonie Gillingham knew something was wrong when Monday night's cash was over by $70.
Gillingham, the co-owner of Claudine's Eatery, a cozy restaurant with about 12 tables on Fredericton's north side, turned to her mother and fellow co-owner Claudine Cyr to solve the mystery. After a quick search of the receipts, the mystery was solved: a $70 tip for a meal of liver and onions, with bacon.
Gillingham immediately took to social media to track down the customer. She took a picture of the receipt and posted it online.
It was seen and it turns out the diner meant to leave $10 and not $70 so the restaurant refunded $60.
Old May 12th 2017, 8:21 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It was seen and it turns out the diner meant to leave $10 and not $70 so the restaurant refunded $60.
My Sister went out for an Indian with a few friends and accidentally tipped £100 instead of £10. She was intoxicated at the time and the waiter didn't say a thing.

Two weeks later her credit card bill came through and she realised what she had done. She went back to the Indian and they told her to swivel.

Expensive mistake
Old Jul 6th 2017, 5:06 pm
Oscar nominated

dog finds lost cat in storm drain

“The one guy couldn’t get it open on his own so five other guys showed up and they had three sledgehammers going,” said Francolini.

She then got comfortable, hoping the four-year-old cat would eventually climb out. But she believes the banging sounds may have scared the orange tabby further into the drain, so she camped out on the street.

“Someone came and gave me a blanket so I made a little blanket fort basically. Every so often friends and strangers came and went. A neighbour charged my phone for me. Two people brought me dinner. A lady gave me five bottles of water,” said Francolini.

“It was incredible. It was mind-blowing and heartwarming.”
Old Aug 18th 2017, 12:15 pm
Oscar nominated

Kid loses money she'd saved for a horse.
Attached Thumbnails The kindness of strangers-story.jpg   The kindness of strangers-20170815_200107.jpg  
Old Nov 7th 2017, 11:47 am
Oscar nominated

75 year old Moncton guy attends hospital daily for Radiation treatment and parks his car on a meter in a side street which is much closer to the Oncology department than hospital parking.

Feels funny one day but goes to his hour long appointment only for them to admit him via ER after a routine check of vitals.

He's worried about getting a ticket to add to his other problems. The nurses take turns to go out and feed the meter for the next day or so until someone is able to move the car.

"Our patients already have a lot of weight on their shoulders with things that make their lives more difficult. Sometimes a little 'tap on the shoulder' helps a lot."

Old Nov 7th 2017, 12:47 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

A story from Bedford UK. A woman is paying fir her parking but doesn't have enough coins as the machine keeps rejecting them. A man who is usually there begging comes over and uses his coins to pay. "I wouldn't want to see you stranded"
Old Nov 7th 2017, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I don think Canadians are any better at helping others. From reading their Facebook pages they are just better at telling everyone what they have done
I feel Canadians are better at it helping their fellow citizens. Thankfully I and most of my friends are not on feacesbook, so I dont see that any of that.

Feacesbook.... does strange things to all minds under its spell... Canadian, British, wherever. Look at me, look what Ive done look where I am, arnt I great etc etc. very yawnworthy

I always found in the UK everyone had a large portion of "Im alright Jack" attitude and a tunnel vision protection of their own interests and screw anyone else.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I feel Canadians are better at it helping their fellow citizens. Thankfully I and most of my friends are not on feacesbook, so I dont see that any of that.

Feacesbook.... does strange things to all minds under its spell... Canadian, British, wherever. Look at me, look what Ive done look where I am, arnt I great etc etc. very yawnworthy

I always found in the UK everyone had a large portion of "Im alright Jack" attitude and a tunnel vision protection of their own interests and screw anyone else.
I try to avoid sharing my life on FB. I’ll just share funny things or photos... I hate when somebody posts one sentence cliff hanger comments basically inviting everybody to ask what’s wrong...
I’m occasionally serious but very rarely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.