Kayaks in BC?

Old Aug 25th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

fraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nice
Default Kayaks in BC?

Anyone got any knowledge of the price of good quality sea kayaks in the Vancouver area? Not sure whether to bring mine over, its worth a bit so might be worthwhile, depends on the price of them over there........(dont suppose its worth bringing guitar amps over either!)
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Polar Bear will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Kayaks in BC?

Originally Posted by fraser46
Anyone got any knowledge of the price of good quality sea kayaks in the Vancouver area? Not sure whether to bring mine over, its worth a bit so might be worthwhile, depends on the price of them over there........(dont suppose its worth bringing guitar amps over either!)
Hi Fraser,
I brought my kayak over and was glad to only because it's familiar kit... the room they take up has to be weighed against the cost of selling it and buying another here verses shipping it. The equipment here can be as cheap as £125 as sold at Canadian Tire (on sale currently) or £3k up wards sold at Western canoe and kayak, this is a great shop at Abbotsford who bring high-end ex rentals from the island, build their own and sell new... check them out @ www.westerncanoekayak.com
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

fraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nicefraser46 is just really nice

Thanks I'll have a look, I've got an Orion, a Hutchinson built boat and I've taken her around most of the Scottish and quite a few Norwegian Islands, so she will take some replacing!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:56 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

www.mec.ca
MEC is the place to go. They have a good online store which list prices too. Cost varies hugely depending on what you're after.....

I imagine it'll be much cheaper to ship yours over.

As I'm sure you know there is some unbelievable paddling in the Vancouver area
Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Mr L2S, 5 friends and I are just back from a weeks kayaking and camping round the Broken Islands off the west coast of Vancouver Islands - would def recommend it.

Already starting to think about next years trip!

Also have a look at http://deepcovekayak.com/ both for kayak prices and a great place to go kayaking near the city.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:41 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by live to ski
Mr L2S, 5 friends and I are just back from a weeks kayaking and camping round the Broken Islands off the west coast of Vancouver Islands - would def recommend it.

Already starting to think about next years trip!

Also have a look at http://deepcovekayak.com/ both for kayak prices and a great place to go kayaking near the city.
very jealous - the Broken islands sound awesome. We planed to kayak there this summer, but haven't managed to find time to squeeze it in yet...
Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob_999
very jealous - the Broken islands sound awesome. We planed to kayak there this summer, but haven't managed to find time to squeeze it in yet...
it was amazing even being storm bound on Wednesday with 70kmph gusts!

The marine life was unbelieveable. We saw over 20 different types of starfish.

we went from Toquart Bay and had our rental kayaks delivered there from kayakutopia.com

Another friend went earlier in the season and caught either the Mary Rose or the Francis Barkley from Port Alberni having stayed in the Roses B&B there and parked her car there the whole time.

They then went to Sechart Lodge and rented kayaks from there. A bit more comfort and luxery than our trip!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, looks like I'm heading to the right place!!