Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is Justin Trudeau a fraud?

Is Justin Trudeau a fraud?

Old Jul 7th 2018, 1:08 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Justin Trudeau a fraud?

When Walter Assef was mayor of Thunder Bay he patted the queen there too, by way of encouragement to help her get up some steps onto the dais. Her protocol people popped their clogs but nothing happened to him; not sure what her reaction was.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Sigh.

Not once has it been reported that she was groped - not by her and not by anyone who she was working with at the time. Why perpetuate that as fact?

So I'm presuming he reached out to give the woman a hug or a brief touch on the arm and inadvertently grazed her side boob with the back or front of his hand or similar.. I've done the same damn thing myself before - totally by accident......... and of course I apologised for it - who wouldn't!

For all we know he could have gone to kiss her on the cheek and smooched her mouth by accident - or thought she was a pretty girl and asked her for a beer and did a little flirting, not realising she was working and not just another young person at a music festival! "If I'd known you were a reporter I wouldn't have been so forward" -- Means WHAT?? Nothing!!

Nobody knows but the press are having a field day of painting him in a bad light, not because he necessarily actually did something, but because they dislike him or want him out of power. Smoke and mirrors anyone?

I think it's most likely been completely blown up out of all proportion - a storm in a C cup, you could say.

As was reported at the time..

Bourne said it was a “brief touch” and “I would not classify it or qualify it as sexual assault.” Brian Bell, who was the editor of the Creston Valley Advance at the time, said he didn’t recall Knight being traumatized or distraught

If he hadn't been who he is would it ever have come to light? Most likely not!

Hardly in the same category as other incidences reported about other well known people!
I believe that Kent Hehr would argue the same thing regarding alleging stating, "You're a honey" did not justify the action Trudeau took against him. As I say, you have to accept that he is guilty of double standards, however you feel about his politics.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 8:02 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I believe that Kent Hehr would argue the same thing regarding alleging stating, "You're a honey" did not justify the action Trudeau took against him. As I say, you have to accept that he is guilty of double standards, however you feel about his politics.

He isn't guilty of anything unless the so-called 'victim' comes forward and makes an official complaint.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 10:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that Kent Hehr would argue the same thing
With the rather important difference that "he would say that" about his own actions/behaviour as opposed to the statement of someone who wasn't Trudeau describing Trueau's behaviour.

You being a legal expert and all, I'd have expected you to see that.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 12:37 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​
i thought his comment was "you're yummy" while in a lift with someone. That and several other incidents.

You're normally so insistent that people wait to hear the while atory before commenting and yet here you are making comparisons when we don't compleye know what to compare with

We do know that Kent's comments and touching took place at work. That there was more than one. That there were other inappropriate comments of a non sexual nature to veterans

​​​​​​We do know that Trudeau wasnt at work, wasn't a politician. There haven't been any other complaints, indeed any complaints about whatever happened.

​​​​​​This is why there should be an enquiry but there can't be one as the woman considers it over.
them again even if there were an investigation it wouldn't change people's minds.

Last edited by bats; Jul 8th 2018 at 2:20 am.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 1:21 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
​​​​​​
We do know that Kent's comments and touching took place at work. That there was more than one. That there were other inappropriate comments of a non sexual nature to veterans

​​​​​​We do know that Trudeau wasnt at work, wasn't a politician. There haven't been any other complaints, indeed my complaints about whatever happened..
Apart from that it's all exactly the same.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Justin Trudeau answers the question "what if George W Bush had been a Democrat?" That's who Trudeau is. A left-wing George W Bush.

He's better off taking a page from the Clinton book, admitting it, charging it up to youthful indiscretion and moving on, then keeping on with this non-denial denial PR non-sense that's just going to paint him as (an even bigger) hypocrite.

The apple does sometimes fall far from the tree, at least his dad was a great Prime Minister.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 11:55 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by carcajou
Justin Trudeau answers the question "what if George W Bush had been a Democrat?" That's who Trudeau is. A left-wing George W Bush.