Justin Trudeau

Old Feb 25th 2014, 2:05 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Justin Trudeau

Originally Posted by jimf
JT is 42 - is that young? Without his surname he'd be a million miles from public office.
True. Although surnames count for something.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 3:15 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

JT is 42 - is that young? Without his surname he'd be a million miles from public office.
I don't think 42 is old? It's a baby in politics....they've just voted in their 'youngest' premier in Italy and he's 39.

I hope the world won't hold the gaffs against me that I made at 42! Give him time...if they ever let me vote here, he will get my X...I think. Yes a surname might help, but the old boy network on the opposition is equally limiting.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I don't think 42 is old? It's a baby in politics....they've just voted in their 'youngest' premier in Italy and he's 39.

I hope the world won't hold the gaffs against me that I made at 42! Give him time...if they ever let me vote here, he will get my X...I think. Yes a surname might help, but the old boy network on the opposition is equally limiting.
I agree, its not old in politics at all. My grandfather didn't even start his political career until almost 40.

In the US, one cannot even run for certain office until 30-35 years old, so 40 would be just the start for many careers.

I am having trouble finding if Canada has any age restrictions on MP's or the Prime Minister.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

I never said he was old, only that he wasn't young. He is middle aged. That kind of thing would be run of the mill for student politics.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 3:41 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I never said he was old, only that he wasn't young. He is middle aged. That kind of thing would be run of the mill for student politics.
Also he doesn't seem to have achieve much in his forty odd years considering he's aiming at PM.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Martin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud of

....they've just voted in their 'youngest' premier in Italy and he's 39.

Comparing Italy to Canada.. Oh God, please no..

It is worth mentioning that Renzi help oust the previous PM, and was
appointed, not elected.

Yes a surname might help, but the old boy network on the opposition is equally limiting.
His own surname is symbolic of the very old boy network, desperate
to regain power at any cost.

I agree with Colchar, Garneau should have been selected.
The Cons would have been baffled beyond belief, nothing for them to go after.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Martin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

I am having trouble finding if Canada has any age restrictions on MP's or the Prime Minister.

18 and a citizen to sit in the House.

Not even required to win an election to sit as an MP. But for the party selecting the PM, to choose someone who can't sit in the House is virtually impossible.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 7:43 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martin the cdn expat
Comparing Italy to Canada.. Oh God, please no..
Now I think about it, Ford and Berlusconi have both left a somewhat comparable mark...oh I remember....one of those countries has affordable cheese, good wine and great film directors....big difference right there!
Old Feb 27th 2014, 1:24 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Now I think about it, Ford and Berlusconi have both left a somewhat comparable mark...oh I remember....one of those countries has affordable cheese, good wine and great film directors....big difference right there!
I'm slogging through a biography of Berlusconi, "The Sack of Rome", it's not well written but he seems to have been a charismatic figure, a man who saw his chances and took them well. He changed his country dramatically, though few would say it was for the better. He's self-made, for whatever that's worth. All of which, as Godwin might note, was true of Hitler. He likes to put it about and, even still, he likes young girls. He has long term connections to some of the world's more sinister figures in organised crime.

Ford is a suburban man. He inherited a lot of money and spent some on drugs, in the course of that he met some immigrant drug dealers. He's famously drunk and stoned so it seems improbable that his sexual preferences are of any consequence. He's enjoyed fifteen minutes of being a figure of fun around the world but hasn't achieved or changed anything, neither has he held nor influenced high office even in his backwater country. He's just a buffoon on the television, another Don Cherry.

I think it rather insulting to Berlusconi, a shit of the highest order, a shit on the world stage, to compare him to Ford; Berlusconi achievement is that he grabbed control of a country's media and used it to sucessfully propel his financial and political ambitions. Ford's achievement is that he's one of the less pleasant fat men in Etobicoke.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 1:30 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
He's just a buffoon on the television, another Don Cherry.
Don knows what he's talking about. A true hockey brain.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 1:32 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
Don knows what he's talking about. A true hockey brain.
A former iced hockey player, I understand, and yet a man with the physique of Rob Ford.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 2:15 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm slogging through a biography of Berlusconi, "The Sack of Rome", it's not well written but he seems to have been a charismatic figure, a man who saw his chances and took them well. He changed his country dramatically, though few would say it was for the better. He's self-made, for whatever that's worth. All of which, as Godwin might note, was true of Hitler. He likes to put it about and, even still, he likes young girls. He has long term connections to some of the world's more sinister figures in organised crime.

Ford is a suburban man. He inherited a lot of money and spent some on drugs, in the course of that he met some immigrant drug dealers. He's famously drunk and stoned so it seems improbable that his sexual preferences are of any consequence. He's enjoyed fifteen minutes of being a figure of fun around the world but hasn't achieved or changed anything, neither has he held nor influenced high office even in his backwater country. He's just a buffoon on the television, another Don Cherry.

I think it rather insulting to Berlusconi, a shit of the highest order, a shit on the world stage, to compare him to Ford; Berlusconi achievement is that he grabbed control of a country's media and used it to sucessfully propel his financial and political ambitions. Ford's achievement is that he's one of the less pleasant fat men in Etobicoke.
Rather good that. I'm never sure if karma is acceptable to you.

<Just nod>
Old Feb 27th 2014, 9:06 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

A former iced hockey player, I understand, and yet a man with the physique of Rob Ford.
Don Cherry did play hockey in the NHL and the AHL, but only became well known as a
coach. Ford and Cherry have the same number of arms and legs, etc, but otherwise share no common physical traits that I can see, Ford being obviously obese.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 10:34 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Rather good that. I'm never sure if karma is acceptable to you.

<Just nod>
All karma welcome, ta. I'm more of a receiver than a giver though.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 10:42 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by caretaker
Don Cherry did play hockey in the NHL and the AHL, but only became well known as a
coach. Ford and Cherry have the same number of arms and legs, etc, but otherwise share no common physical traits that I can see, Ford being obviously obese.
You don't think Cherry has a gut on him? Er, ok, but I'd have said he's roly-poly, he has the look of a landlord.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.