British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   June Meetup: Toronto, Friday 20 June (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/june-meetup-toronto-friday-20-june-833268/)

SchnookoLoly May 7th 2014 12:17 pm

June Meetup: Toronto, Friday 20 June

It seems that those who were able to make the May meetup had a great time, so I thought I'd throw it out there for another one in June.

Current date is looking like Friday 20 June... happy to take suggestions on where to go, though!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Siouxie May 7th 2014 6:37 pm

Re: June Meetup: Toronto, Friday 20 June

:thumbup:

Where is easy to get to for everyone?

Novocastrian May 7th 2014 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 11250653)

That's the reason for the serial choice of the Yard. Proximity to Union station means easy access on transit from East & West by GO and from the other areas of the city on the underground.

SchnookoLoly May 7th 2014 6:44 pm

The Yard works for me! I haven't been there.

I have done get-togethers at the Three Brewers (Yonge & Dundas) as they do separate bills and will take reservations in advance for large groups (I've been with groups of ~20). A lot of other places either don't take reservations, or have minimum spend requirements for large groups. And the majority don't do separate bills for groups either.

So either one works for me - happy to stick to the Yard! :)

Greenhill May 7th 2014 6:46 pm

Green Hill provincial park would be a bit easier for me, to be honest.

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 11250653)

Novocastrian May 7th 2014 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly (Post 11250662)
The Yard works for me! I haven't been there.

I have done get-togethers at the Three Brewers (Yonge & Dundas) as they do separate bills and will take reservations in advance for large groups (I've been with groups of ~20). A lot of other places either don't take reservations, or have minimum spend requirements for large groups. And the majority don't do separate bills for groups either.

So either one works for me - happy to stick to the Yard! :)

The Yard does separate billing and you can make reservations: the problem is getting the numbers right (or almost right) with the BE membership being notoriously fickle, unreliable and downright misleading. :)

Shirtback May 7th 2014 6:52 pm

Can one attend / be invited if one lives out of the immediate area? I am obliged to be in the vicinity of Toronto in the coming months for various reasons. I might be able to plan such obligations around meet-ups ;)

S

SchnookoLoly May 7th 2014 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 11250669)
The Yard does separate billing and you can make reservations: the problem is getting the numbers right (or almost right) with the BE membership being notoriously fickle, unreliable and downright misleading. :)

Let's stick with that then! :)

SB - I'll go out on a limb and assume that yes, anyone can come at all... come armed with your best canlii finds! :P

London Mike May 9th 2014 11:44 pm

In

SchnookoLoly May 9th 2014 11:47 pm

Excellent :)

Zoe Bell May 10th 2014 3:14 pm

Hoping to be there. Depends on stuff though ;)

Jerseygirl May 12th 2014 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell (Post 11254997)
Hoping to be there. Depends on stuff though ;)

Same here...it would be really nice to meet you all...it sounded like you had a great time last week. Lots of booze and laughs...sounds like my kinda people.

Novocastrian May 13th 2014 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11257928)
Same here...it would be really nice to meet you all...it sounded like you had a great time last week. Lots of booze and laughs...sounds like my kinda people.

I hope you can make it. There was a distinct paucity of dancing mice last time. ;)

SchnookoLoly May 15th 2014 12:57 pm

Created an event in the Meet Ups area of the forum, no idea if it will fly or not but we will see! http://britishexpats.com/forum/calen...day=2014-06-20

JamesM May 15th 2014 2:31 pm

Not sure on my attendance as of yet.

The World Cup has thrown up several drinking opportunities and at the moment I have to choose my battles for health and financial reasons.