Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Jolly Christmas thread

Jolly Christmas thread

Old Dec 12th 2018, 11:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jolly Christmas thread

Bad Santa
'Raging' Santa angers parents with beard-ripping tantrum

Old Dec 13th 2018, 5:01 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jolly Christmas thread

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Last edited by Atlantic Xpat; Dec 13th 2018 at 5:05 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 9:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Put the tree up today. 14th xmas overall and the lights still work perfectly.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 12:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Google + Home Alone = funny.

I love the music this group makes, first noticed them 8 years ago in a Hyundai commercial.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 20th 2018 at 1:01 am.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 11:28 pm
Oscar nominated

Went out to eat tonight and I was looking forward to seeing the lights on houses around the neighbourhood.

Lovely to see but really not many. One in 15 to 20, I reckon. Not many even had xmas trees visible through the window.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 1:03 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

This song - about coming home for Christmas - has become a bit of an anthem in Newfoundland. (Hey Rosetta! being Newfoundlands finest indie rock folk band). As an expat the glimpses of Europe in the video make it doubly poignant!
Old Dec 21st 2018, 1:12 pm
Slightly Canadian

Oh yes, and to the fact that Die Hard is a Christmas movie, 20th Century Fox has just recut the trailer as a Christmas movie and it's sublime....

Old Dec 21st 2018, 1:14 pm
Slightly Canadian

Oh yes, and to the fact that Die Hard is a Christmas movie, 20th Century Fox has just recut the trailer as a Christmas movie and it's sublime....

Plus of course there is the "Honest Trailers" version:

Old Dec 21st 2018, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Went out to eat tonight and I was looking forward to seeing the lights on houses around the neighbourhood.

Lovely to see but really not many. One in 15 to 20, I reckon. Not many even had xmas trees visible through the window.
Same in Vancouver, some houses have a nice Christmas display but they are far few it seems. I miss the days where nearly every house would be decorated.

Back home decorating for Christmas seems more popular but nothing like it was in the 80's and 90's when I was growing up, seems decorating with lights and making a city look cheerful isn't all that popular anymore.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 3:47 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
...nothing like it was in the 80's and 90's when I was growing up, seems decorating with lights and making a city look cheerful isn't all that popular anymore.
That could just be the nostalgia thing. My childhood memory of winters involves going to a nearby field where we'd build snow barriers for our snowball fights; building snowmen; walking along the sidewalk in snow so deep it came over the top of my wellington boots; another field with a slope for tobogganing - or sledging as we called it then.

But according to snowfall stats it could only have been one winter.

Same with remembering long hot summers. I don't think we had one until I was 19.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Ah yes the winter of 1962/63 remember it well loads of time off school that winter.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That could just be the nostalgia thing. My childhood memory of winters involves going to a nearby field where we'd build snow barriers for our snowball fights; building snowmen; walking along the sidewalk in snow so deep it came over the top of my wellington boots; another field with a slope for tobogganing - or sledging as we called it then.

But according to snowfall stats it could only have been one winter.

Same with remembering long hot summers. I don't think we had one until I was 19.
My winters growing up consisted of mostly sunny weather, going to the beach one weekend, and then going to the mountains another weekend to play in the snow.

But there were way more houses lit up with lights, go down my old street today and there are few houses with lights on, growing up every house on the street decorated.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

My Grandkids live in a small town very close to rural farmland and many kids are bussed in every day. Mine have learned how to go to the school board website first thing in the morning and they cheer loudly with much running around and jumping on furniture after learning its a SNOW DAY, so no school for them either. The little buggers know I hate SNOW and tease me endlessly about it, by phoning me and/or sending me photos of them having fun frolicking in the F%&$):=g Stuff.

Last edited by plasticcanuck; Dec 21st 2018 at 6:41 pm. Reason: More to add
Old Dec 21st 2018, 10:15 pm
Oscar nominated

Dinners lined up for next week.
  • Christmas Eve - Seafood Lasagne converted from vegetable lasagne with my own shrimp and salmon sauce
  • Christmas Day - Roast Lamb leg (mint sauce)
  • Boxing Day - Duck and whatever else is decided
Old Dec 21st 2018, 11:28 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Ah yes the winter of 1962/63 remember it well loads of time off school that winter.
And in the winter of 1963...
We felt like the world would freeze
With John F Kennedy
And the Beatles...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.