Jim'll Fix It...

Old Aug 13th 2011, 5:24 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jim'll Fix It...

I always used to like seeing what they got as a gift at the end of their 'wish'.

I remember seeing one kid getting a bloodhound puppy.

Some kids got really crappy gifts, or none at all, and you could almost feel their disappointment as they got the "Jim'll Fix It" medal... and nothing else.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 5:35 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
I think the sight of a woman in her forties, throwing up into a bag, is somehow not that becoming.

I could maybe manage a hot-air balloon. Maybe.
We did a hot air balloon over Napa Valley at dawn. What a wonderfully peaceful experience. Highly recommended.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 5:51 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a Blue Peter badge. I would like to say I earned it but the reality was that a friend of a friend worked on the show and nicked a box of them from Biddy Baxter. I could never quite shake the feeling of guilt.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 12:16 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
I had a Blue Peter badge. I would like to say I earned it but the reality was that a friend of a friend worked on the show and nicked a box of them from Biddy Baxter. I could never quite shake the feeling of guilt.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh you should be ashamed...
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Now then, now then...

A lad on my street got it fixed by Jim... he wanted to read out the football results on Grandstand. They just got the guy from Grandstand to come into the studio and read some fake results while my mate had to guess the score. He got jipped ha ha

Jim called my mate 'Doctor Flame Head' a nickname that stuck with him the rest of his life.

Also, on the guys stag, the best man dressed him up as Jimmy Saville and made oversize Jim'll fix it badges.

And there you have it.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I found him to be a really creepy money grabing SOB. My aunt was at a charity do where he was, and saw/heard him arguing over his appearance fee for his own charity function. Plus he lived with his mum I seem to remember. I allways wantred to fix it for him to be alone with Esther Ranson on a desserted island who I also hated on TV.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:57 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

i wanted to tunnel out of a German POW camp with Steve McQueen and Richard Attenborough...or a car chase with Regan & Carter on the Sweeney.."We're the Sweeney, son - and we haven't had any dinner!"..nice
Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:44 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I found him to be a really creepy money grabing SOB. My aunt was at a charity do where he was, and saw/heard him arguing over his appearance fee for his own charity function. Plus he lived with his mum I seem to remember. I allways wantred to fix it for him to be alone with Esther Ranson on a desserted island who I also hated on TV.
You left out Cyril Fletcher. I learned from that man. He taught me to hate people I'd never met in person.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
You left out Cyril Fletcher. I learned from that man. He taught me to hate people I'd never met in person.
Him and Harry Worth, Charlie Drake but the worst had to be Leslie Crowther my god he was a smarmy git
Old Aug 17th 2011, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lmartin999
I got a Blue Peter badge, from being on the show with my school when I was 15! What a fun day that was lol
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

I asked Jim for a hot air balloon ride. He never fixed it for me, instead, my brother did - I was "ballast" when he took his balloon pilots test.

I did get a blue peter badge though. I was on there with a bunch of girl guides,
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:38 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little D
I got a Blue Peter badge, from being on the show with my school when I was 15! What a fun day that was lol
i wasnt posh enuff for a blue peter badge..bah
Old Oct 29th 2011, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Jim's only gone and died today.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 5:00 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Jim's only gone and died today.
Well thats my dream buggered then! Rip Jim xxx
Old Oct 29th 2011, 5:08 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Jim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.