Japanese Cow

Old Jul 21st 2014, 12:03 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Japanese Cow

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I was just glancing at the Superstore (Loblaws) flyer when I noticed some steak (tenderloin) for an eye watering $24.99 a lb.

Then, right next to it and causing my jaw to drop in shock was something at $59.99 a lb.

Wagyu striploin. Never heard of Wagyu so I looked it up.

Japanese Cow. At that price it should be Holy Cow!

60 bucks a pound.
It's not Japanese Wagyu, that's impossible to find outside of Japan, with the very rare exception in some of the finest restaurants in Korea.

What they're advertising is the American Wagyu, or Kobe Style beef, a very inferior product by all accounts but still very nice.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 6:49 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Japanese Cow

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
It's not Japanese Wagyu, that's impossible to find outside of Japan, with the very rare exception in some of the finest restaurants in Korea.

What they're advertising is the American Wagyu, or Kobe Style beef, a very inferior product by all accounts but still very nice.
These appear to be the real deal, miles away from Korea...

Wagyu steaks back on the menu in London restaurant after 13-year ban - London - News - London Evening Standard