James Blunt is a...

Old Jan 19th 2015, 3:45 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default James Blunt is a...

good singer

He has a point about it being a non-issue in the US (Canada) and inverted snobbery is no good thing. On the other hand, the MP has a point about the entry barriers in the arts industry.

James Blunt in 'posh spat' with Labour MP - BBC News
Old Jan 19th 2015, 3:54 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James Blunt is a...

It’s not a very nice thing to be posh but as it’s simply behavioral it’s really their responsibility to get rid the affectation. It’s a bit like adults who were abused as children, we feel sorry for them but that’s no excuse to carry on the cycle.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
good singer

He has a point about it being a non-issue in the US (Canada) and inverted snobbery is no good thing. On the other hand, the MP has a point about the entry barriers in the arts industry.

James Blunt in 'posh spat' with Labour MP - BBC News
Not a big fan of his music but agree with his rebuttal.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:15 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
That his songs are shit? Then I also agree.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:15 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
I tend to too. It certainly seems like a case of Pot-Kettle with respect to the MP.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:18 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Oink
His hit "Beautiful" was very good. In fact I think I'll add that to my new Spotify account! Just the right kind of song that I wouldn't buy, but like to have.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:21 pm

His hit "Beautiful" was very good. In fact I think I'll add that to my new Spotify account! Just the right kind of song that I wouldn't buy, but like to have.
I think your definition of good and sane people's might differ.

That aside, it must hard for posh people to know that when they speak it makes most people cough up a little bile.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:25 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Toffs will always try to protect their privilege by accusations of jealousy.
Compare and contrast how white privilege responds to calls from blacks for access, that is something Blunt did not take in to account in his US-UK comparison. The US tends to push its class issues in to the race arena

However, pop music is an area of culture that I don't think is particularly toff dominant.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:31 pm
Yo

I think your definition of good and sane people's might differ.

That aside, it must hard for posh people to know that when they speak it makes most people cough up a little bile.
Already on the Spotify! Not in the same league as Adele's first hit, but certainly good.

Can't say I agree with the bile comment. When I hear someone with really awful speech (Adele would be a good example) I mentally translate it into a neutral tone to avoid any bias.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:35 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

"Stop being so blooming precious," he wrote. "I'm not knocking your success. I even contributed to it by buying one of your albums.

"But it is a statement of the blindingly obvious that that is far tougher if you come from a poor family where you have to hand over your holiday earnings to help pay the family bills."
The above all seems obvious to me. Blunt might have been better with responding about how lucky he was to have the opportunities and background that he has. and how he appreciates how we all stand on shoulders, and that some have easier access to those shoulders than others. It would have been no biggie, and a slight acknowledgment of some humility.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:49 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

His hit "Beautiful" was very good.

Spoiler:
You're wrong. It is shit
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Alan2005

Spoiler:
You're wrong. It is shit
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

But atleast he knows it

Old Jan 19th 2015, 5:27 pm
Yo

Very good.

I think people are more against his image and video than his song. It's a very good melody, even with the spoof words.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 5:33 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Toffs will always try to protect their privilege by accusations of jealousy.
Compare and contrast how white privilege responds to calls from blacks for access, that is something Blunt did not take in to account in his US-UK comparison. The US tends to push its class issues in to the race arena

However, pop music is an area of culture that I don't think is particularly toff dominant.
Not only pop music, but acting and the media generally. Apparently it's become quite a close shop (not that it was ever that open). Though I suppose with arts, there is a certain inevitability to it, as those who go on to study drama, music, dance. etc have reduced career options if they are unable to make it.

Not sure on black access in the USA. Colour is probably hiding traditional economic disparities.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.