Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I've come to the realization.....

I've come to the realization.....

Old Jun 10th 2015, 4:59 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've come to the realization.....

Squamish looks pretty on Google. Just sayin'.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Squamish looks pretty on Google. Just sayin'.
No doubt. It is pretty, and if your into the outdoors, it's certainly the place to be as there is a plethora of outdoor stuff to do with a pretty active mountain biking scene.

The issues I have with the town:

If your not into the outdoors, there is really not a whole lot to do, we don't even have a movie theatre.

For a small town the cost of living is very high, you can rent an apartment in Vancouver cheaper then here, although buying here is still cheaper then Vancouver, but still averaging over 400-500k for a home so well beyond our price range.

Lack of jobs that are not in the 10.25 to 13 per hour range, all industry is mostly gone now, and the town is based on service economy and self employed individuals, and the jobs for the most part won't pay enough to ever buy anything here.

It's more or less just a bedroom community now for commuters to Vancouver and Whistler, and urban hippy lifestyle.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 6:19 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

So which one of you is the US citizen or are you both ?
Old Jun 10th 2015, 10:41 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

What is this "urban hippy" lifestyle thing?
Old Jun 11th 2015, 3:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
What is this "urban hippy" lifestyle thing?
From what I can see and tell a mix of old hippie beleifs with a modern twist. Different more casual dress style, organic foods, gluten free seems to be a trend as well. We have lots of them here, Squamish attracts the lifestyle.

They seem to be mostly young fairly well off professionals for the most part.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 3:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tangram
So which one of you is the US citizen or are you both ?
I am.