Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Its funny what you miss from England!!!

Its funny what you miss from England!!!

Old Jun 14th 2012, 11:25 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its funny what you miss from England!!!

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Are you going to share some of that or what?
yeah have done already with the whole fam damily
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:35 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
OK since all this talk i've just been to a new Brit shop near where I live - in the freezer they had English back bacon, belfast ham and all the usual pies , sausages , black pudding etc and they bake sausage rolls, pies and cornish pasties in the shop! lots of goodies bought ! and typhoo one cups? 2 boxes of 80 for $5 I thought that was pretty good
Address please, not yours, the shop...

I miss proper ham. I can get the rest in Zehrs so that's good and I bake what I can't find, i'm fab at this cookery malarky ....
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:22 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Address please, not yours, the shop...

I miss proper ham. I can get the rest in Zehrs so that's good and I bake what I can't find, i'm fab at this cookery malarky ....
Good for you!

Shop is in Burlington/Oakville border - can you make it that far?
Old Jun 15th 2012, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Kimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud of

There is a bakers in Yarmouth NS that does sell fresh cream cakes, had some when was last over, was so nice.

Kimbie
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road

Just popped into Brick St Bakery and not only was the croissant buttery and delish, I also noticed that the pies they had on offer looked gorgeous. Meat and potato, steak and ale and chicken one. Not sure if they're only based in Toronto
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:50 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lvh76
Just popped into Brick St Bakery and not only was the croissant buttery and delish, I also noticed that the pies they had on offer looked gorgeous. Meat and potato, steak and ale and chicken one. Not sure if they're only based in Toronto
AAAGGGGGHHHHHHH Why did I move to a small town an hour away from Toronto !!

Since this thread started I cant get sausage rolls and pies (Meat & Potato & Steak being my favourite) out of my mind
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Animal

Since this thread started I cant get sausage rolls and pies (Meat & Potato & Steak being my favourite) out of my mind
you can get all that stuff in Oakville and Burlington, how far away from tose places are you?
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Animal

If you come next Fri I can bring you one if you like.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

you can get all that stuff in Oakville and Burlington, how far away from tose places are you?
Great wee shop - and the most reasonably priced of all the UK shops around here (my family have tried them all! ).

Animal - not sure where you are, but this guy also has his main shop out in Cambridge - or are you the 'other' side of TO?
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
Great wee shop - and the most reasonably priced of all the UK shops around here (my family have tried them all! ).

Animal - not sure where you are, but this guy also has his main shop out in Cambridge - or are you the 'other' side of TO?

There are 2 in Burlington, 3 in Oakville 1 in Waterdown that I know off - tried them all - the one on Burloak was VERY reasonably priced - even had Scottish Blend t-bags!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

There are 2 in Burlington, 3 in Oakville 1 in Waterdown that I know off - tried them all - the one on Burloak was VERY reasonably priced - even had Scottish Blend t-bags!
Haven't seen the Scottish Blend.... must have been out when we were in. Will tell the oldies... that's their fave

Tried his pies the other day - lovely!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
Haven't seen the Scottish Blend.... must have been out when we were in. Will tell the oldies... that's their fave

Tried his pies the other day - lovely!
I'll be nipping back in for the back bacon my eldest (11) loves Scotch pies. They do Cornish Pasties and Bridies too I think....................
Old Jun 15th 2012, 8:51 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be nipping back in for the back bacon my eldest (11) loves Scotch pies. They do Cornish Pasties and Bridies too I think....................
Stop rubbing it in...please
Old Jun 15th 2012, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Stop rubbing it in...please
Get to your local Brit shop then they are in Ottawa!
Old Jun 16th 2012, 2:56 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Now stop taking the pi$$

I'm in Peterborough.

Originally Posted by lvh76
If you come next Fri I can bring you one if you like.
your on !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.