British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Irn Bru (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/irn-bru-522197/)

Madmac Apr 2nd 2008 10:17 pm

Re: Irn Bru

Originally Posted by raine66 (Post 6150063)
Ye huvnae lived until ye hae hud a piece throoghn it th' windae at ye. :lol::rofl:

Huv ye nae heard the Jeely Piece song?

raine66 Apr 2nd 2008 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Madmac (Post 6150158)
Huv ye nae heard the Jeely Piece song?

I know every single verse. :eek:

Madmac Apr 2nd 2008 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by raine66 (Post 6150210)
I know every single verse. :eek:

Yeah but you really need plain bread and a wax paper wrapper to do it justice.

raine66 Apr 2nd 2008 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Madmac (Post 6150366)
Yeah but you really need plain bread and a wax paper wrapper to do it justice.

Plain breed an' wax pepper!!! that's posh Ah got mine as it cam an' jist hoped tae god it didne burst th' grin first, an' if it did ah, weel it still got eaten. :ohmy:

Madmac Apr 3rd 2008 1:26 am

Originally Posted by raine66 (Post 6150392)
Plain breed an' wax pepper!!! that's posh Ah got mine as it cam an' jist hoped tae god it didne burst th' grin first, an' if it did ah, weel it still got eaten. :ohmy:

Funny, I thought you were from Milgavnie an aw.

raine66 Apr 3rd 2008 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Madmac (Post 6150699)
Funny, I thought you were from Milgavnie an aw.

:eek: South side girl me.

Madmac Apr 3rd 2008 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by raine66 (Post 6153447)
:eek: South side girl me.

Not the Gorbals?

Shawlands?

edsask Apr 3rd 2008 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Madmac (Post 6153476)
Not the Gorbals?

Shawlands?

Castlemilk?

AlvicBC Apr 3rd 2008 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35 (Post 6149934)
Aye salt'n'sauce is weird, salt 'n' vinegar it needs tae be:D

The kids across the street from us used to have butter in sugar in a piece(thats sandwich for you posh folk) I always thought that wis weird:rofl:

Me da used to give us that when we were youngsters and we loved it. now he gives it to my sisters daughter and she goes mad...will rot her teeth etc etc.

Of course he always says it didn't do yous much harm:eek:

dawnzocalgary Apr 3rd 2008 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by raine66 (Post 6150392)

Our family bring us about 10 loafs in the summer when they come to visit, it rocks.......i freeze it, i know its not the best but its not possible to eat it all at once. AND it does stay way fresher out here!

7 weeks till my next set of visitors who will be bringing, plain bread, tattie scones, blue wicked, pickles, cheese n onion square, scampi fries OMG, how i miss SCAMPIE FRIES.....a little sad!

For ref, the british store in calgary jsut got 500ml bottles of bru in, i bought one the other day and it made me realise how crap the stuff from superstore really is! :eek::rofl::eek:

Madmac Apr 3rd 2008 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by dawnzocalgary (Post 6154687)
Our family bring us about 10 loafs in the summer when they come to visit, it rocks.......i freeze it, i know its not the best but its not possible to eat it all at once. AND it does stay way fresher out here!

7 weeks till my next set of visitors who will be bringing, plain bread, tattie scones, blue wicked, pickles, cheese n onion square, scampi fries OMG, how i miss SCAMPIE FRIES.....a little sad!

For ref, the british store in calgary jsut got 500ml bottles of bru in, i bought one the other day and it made me realise how crap the stuff from superstore really is! :eek::rofl::eek:

The Scottish stores in Fergus and Elora have had the 2L bottles for a while but I don't miss it that much that I'd be prepared to pay the stupid prices for it.

Scampi Fries: little deep fried shredded wheats that tasted of p**h! Lol (allegedly)

TrishP Apr 3rd 2008 7:44 pm

I visited the Scottish and Irish shop in Ottawa the other day for the first time .... ahhhhhh, heaven! Came away with armloads of stuff ....Tunnock's teacakes, haggis, big huge bar of Cadbury's, bridies, black pudding (for Sean Boxer, not me, can't stand the stuff!). They also do all the usuals, Irn Bru, sausage rolls, Cornish pasties, etc. I'll be going back!!!!!

TrishP Apr 3rd 2008 7:45 pm

And the best thing they had ...Tayto crisps from N Ireland, woooohoooo!!!!

raine66 Apr 3rd 2008 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Madmac (Post 6153476)
Not the Gorbals?

Shawlands?

I'm a Pollok girl. :blink:

Alberta_Rose Apr 3rd 2008 10:10 pm

Irn Bru ......... eughhhh!! :blink: