Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Invasion of the Dull Housewives

The Invasion of the Dull Housewives

Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mods: The DH problem; The Final Solution

Dear Moderators,

I have a couple of suggestions as to how to stem the haemorrhaging of long term, often valuable, contributors from these fora in the face of the plague of inane drivel perpetrated by the DH brigade.

Many of us remember that the Maple Leaf was established to inoculate the main Canada Forum from off-topic threads; I suggest that now is the time for a booster shot.

Since these dull, dull people are apparently too dull to find the Lounge, please either relocate their tedious chitchat there or, even better, set up a sub-forum for them. Working title "The Dull Housewives Quarantine Ward"

Thank you for your kind attention,

Novo.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:14 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Invasion of the Dull Housewives

Originally Posted by welshchem
I think you need to expand the question and explain what kind of answer you want.

'A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own, and bigotry is the corresponding ideology.' (Courtesy of Wikipaedia)

Are you talking about humans?
I left it vague so as to simulate discussion seeing as this is what is required....you just do what you think is the right thing to do....if you want to treat it as a question feel free. If you wish to begin debate....be my guest....I thought I would just put up a thought provoking title to get the interesting conter-arguments, statements whatever it is that you wish to call them going....

Begin
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:32 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

IMHO - Darwin set no store by randomness. New variants might arise at random, or they might be acquired characteristics induced by food, for all Darwin knew.

Far more important for Darwin was the nonrandom process whereby some survived but others perished. Natural selection is arguably the most momentous idea ever to occur to a human mind, because it — alone as far as we know — explains the elegant illusion of design that pervades the living kingdoms and explains, in passing, us.

Whatever else it is, natural selection is not a "modest" idea, nor is descent with modification.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:38 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
IMHO - Darwin set no store by randomness. New variants might arise at random, or they might be acquired characteristics induced by food, for all Darwin knew.

Far more important for Darwin was the nonrandom process whereby some survived but others perished. Natural selection is arguably the most momentous idea ever to occur to a human mind, because it — alone as far as we know — explains the elegant illusion of design that pervades the living kingdoms and explains, in passing, us.

Whatever else it is, natural selection is not a "modest" idea, nor is descent with modification.
Have you read THE EDGE OF EVOLUTION: The Search for the Limits of Darwinism by Michael J. Behe, or are you just quoting the opening paragraphs?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mods: The DH problem; The Final Solution

Hey Mods. Don't get on the site much these days but aren't there several threads which are in reality all sub threads about the same subject?
How many 'DH' threads does one forum need, discussing tedium and having a dig at the same group of contributors?

The most tedious thing on returning to the forum? The tedium threads.
TEDIOUS. TEDIOUS. TEDIOUS.

Thinking back when I was mid move, I was on here with the likes of burtonbunch and stressing about the shippers, the kids, the OH. Were we the original dull housewives?

Knock the bitching on the head folks and get a life?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Have you read THE EDGE OF EVOLUTION: The Search for the Limits of Darwinism by Michael J. Behe, or are you just quoting the opening paragraphs?
Ive read winnie the pooh does that count ?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:44 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Dear Moderators,

I have a couple of suggestions as to how to stem the haemorrhaging of long term, often valuable, contributors from these fora in the face of the plague of inane drivel perpetrated by the DH brigade.

Many of us remember that the Maple Leaf was established to inoculate the main Canada Forum from off-topic threads; I suggest that now is the time for a booster shot.

Since these dull, dull people are apparently too dull to find the Lounge, please either relocate their tedious chitchat there or, even better, set up a sub-forum for them. Working title "The Dull Housewives Quarantine Ward"

Thank you for your kind attention,

Novo.
The Maple Leaf is for off-topic chat, if you don't like a thread topic you don't have to read it.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:47 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

I've been away for ages, good to see nothing's changed
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
The Maple Leaf is for off-topic chat, if you don't like a thread topic you don't have to read it.
..... and as I've just realised you have already started a thread on this topic I'm closing this one. Surely the topic isn't that interesting that you want to discuss it further .... or perhaps you are just bored?
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Ive read winnie the pooh does that count ?
I was trying to subtley point out that although HPM's post began IMHO, his HO seems to coincide word for word with a paragraph from the above book.

As for Pooh, of course he counts.

And here's a question for you:

what's brown and rhymes with snoop?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

I was trying to subtley point out that although HPM's post began IMHO, his HO seems to coincide word for word with a paragraph from the above book.

As for Pooh, of course he counts.

And here's a question for you:

what's brown and rhymes with snoop?
is this a trick question ?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:50 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid you're pissing in the wind, mate.
Property Owner

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
is this a trick question ?
yes

Do you want the answer?
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Sue
..... and as I've just realised you have already started a thread on this topic I'm closing this one. Surely the topic isn't that interesting that you want to discuss it further .... or perhaps you are just bored?
Actually I've changed my mind, I think I will merge it with the one already in progress.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes

Do you want the answer?
oh yes please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.