Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Internet on blackberry comments from users

Internet on blackberry comments from users

Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:46 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice
Default Internet on blackberry comments from users

Tried one today love the phone 9700 bold but just couldn't
Get to grips with the www.I'm writing this on an iPod touch it's easy.would love to her long term users comments.appreciate email is the business
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:09 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet on blackberry comments from users

Originally Posted by Buchan6
Tried one today love the phone 9700 bold but just couldn't
Get to grips with the www.I'm writing this on an iPod touch it's easy.would love to her long term users comments.appreciate email is the business
Blackberrys inbuilt browser isn't great. Try downloading opera.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:31 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

Tbh it was try to move a tiny arrow around that did me in.oh and trying relentlessly to push the screen to open it ala iPhone. Really like the phone but I am buying mainly for www so its gotta be useable.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Tedious and slow. BE is really awkward on it.

BTW I find the sound reproduction on it terrible, I'm assuming that it's my electronic ear but is it the BB?
Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:46 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Tedious and slow. BE is really awkward on it.

BTW I find the sound reproduction on it terrible, I'm assuming that it's my electronic ear but is it the BB?
Yes, even BE's mobile site is slow on my BB. If browsing is that important to the OP, they might want to think about another smart phone.

As for sound quality, for calls mine is ok, but I've never used it for playing mp3's so I don't know if it's any good or not.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Yes, even BE's mobile site is slow on my BB. If browsing is that important to the OP, they might want to think about another smart phone.

As for sound quality, for calls mine is ok, but I've never used it for playing mp3's so I don't know if it's any good or not.
For calls mine is better than the land line, but the MP3 doodah sounds very tinny.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Have look on YouTube for bb os 6.0 the browser is much improved,not sure when it's due out though!
Old Jul 10th 2010, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Love my BB for texting and emailing, but internet browsing is crap! It's very slow and the screen is too small. Am looking forward to upgrading to a Iphone in the near future.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

I struggle with browsing on my BB too. Tiny screen, difficult to navigate and seems slow. It's even worse now I have an iPod touch and have got use to that.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 4:49 am
The Seldom Seen Kid

Cheers tuppence

You have answered my query as you've used both the bb & iPod touch which I'm writing this on
iPhone it is I reckon.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Buchan6
Cheers tuppence

You have answered my query as you've used both the bb & iPod touch which I'm writing this on
iPhone it is I reckon.
The downside of the iphone is that it really is rubbish for anything that requires typing when compared to the bb.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by minimeeze
Love my BB for texting and emailing, but internet browsing is crap! It's very slow and the screen is too small. Am looking forward to upgrading to a Iphone in the near future.

I just saw something called an Ipad... that thing looks cool for internet and typing... the iphone is way too small...
Old Jul 10th 2010, 8:29 am
The Seldom Seen Kid

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
I just saw something called an Ipad... that thing looks cool for internet and typing... the iphone is way too small...
Liz
the iPad is basically a big iPod touch which albeit I think the touch is great as a pick up and go browser isn't great as your only www source. The iPad nor any iPod doesn't show flash media therefore a lot of the www eg BBC. Site video links cannot open. Also the memory is small compares to a pc. If you wanted small you'd be better off with a 10". Netbook which IMHO. Ofer more for a lot less. The iPad is a great gadget I want one but not sure what i'd useit for as o have an iPod. Touch and soon an iPhone.btw reply written on iPod touch

Last edited by Buchan6; Jul 10th 2010 at 8:31 am.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all

I have use the bb for a couple of years and found surfing a nightmare and only really used it for emails. Now got an iPhone and would never go back. Touch screen qwerty keypad is great and surfing is a breeze. Only issue is lack of flash player for some websites
Old Jul 10th 2010, 11:53 am
The Seldom Seen Kid

Originally Posted by rich07
I have use the bb for a couple of years and found surfing a nightmare and only really used it for emails. Now got an iPhone and would never go back. Touch screen qwerty keypad is great and surfing is a breeze. Only issue is lack of flash player for some websites
Cheers rich great to get a response from someone who has used both. Your exp's mirror what I was thinking. Iphone it is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.