Ignorance and Fear

Old May 10th 2016, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ignorance and Fear

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
For economic purposes San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico can be considred one metro area. Both regions are very connected to one another economically.
I was down in Otay Mesa last month working, seemed like a lot of trucking industry down that way, obviously with the border being right there

Seemed like a decent place, didn't get to venture into San Diego right enough, just the airport
Old May 10th 2016, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Otay Mesa is the gateway to both sides of the border for commercial trucking.

There are a fair amount of manufacturing on both sides of the border as well. Some of which in the Mexican side used to be on the US side but its cheaper to manufacture on the Mexican side.

My sisters old employer was literally so close to Mexico her cell phone would think she was in Mexico sometimes. They manufactured on the Mexican side and did the admin stuff on the US side.

Its mostly an industrial type area in Otay Mesa but if I recall they have built houses now in some of the Otay Mesa area.

That area isnt the nicest overall but like any region both nice and not so nice places.

Downtown, La Jolla, Coronado and other areas along the coast tend to be nicest.

Airport of course is one of the best locations of any city with proximity to downtown.

Its also busiest single runway airport in the US.

Only real downside to the place is high cost of housing.

Originally Posted by haggis88
I was down in Otay Mesa last month working, seemed like a lot of trucking industry down that way, obviously with the border being right there

Seemed like a decent place, didn't get to venture into San Diego right enough, just the airport

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; May 10th 2016 at 10:30 pm.
Old May 10th 2016, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah my work cell (Verizon out of FL) was finding Verizon, but by personal cell (Koodo, AB) was finding something like Vodafone or Movistar