British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   If you won the Lottery? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/if-you-won-lottery-640555/)

Oink Nov 14th 2009 3:04 pm

If you won the Lottery?

If you won a $100 million in the lottery what would you do? Where would you live?

triumphguy Nov 14th 2009 4:55 pm

Re: If you won the Lottery?

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 8098625)
If you won a $100 million in the lottery what would you do? Where would you live?

Where - everywhere!
London, New York, Paris, Whistler, Tuscany, and BVI on my 50 foot Trimaran!
I'd also keep a penthouse in Calgary to visit OH's family

mandymoochops Nov 14th 2009 5:04 pm

I'd build a big art / craft studio that was a shop too, some killer stables, indoor, outdoor arena, round pen, horses etc. A diamond white Chevy Silverado and the new Lexus SUV. Knock this house down and build a huge log style ranch house with a walkout in its place, buy a boat, some dogs, go to New York for the mother of all shopping sprees...................................

I could go on but thats the $100 mill probably all gone right there :)

Edited to add i'd pay for myself to stay via the investors route too :)

Alan2005 Nov 14th 2009 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 8098625)

I'd spend my time between a few places (here, tokyo, bangkok, paris, london) as the mood took me; also I'd buy a speed boat and an expensive convertible and drive around europe like an unattractive version cary grant

Butch Cassidy Nov 14th 2009 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 8098736)
I'd spend my time between a few places (here, tokyo, bangkok, paris, london) as the mood took me; also I'd buy a speed boat and an expensive convertible and drive around europe like an unattractive version cary grant

You mean getting Rogered by the locals?

sharkus Nov 14th 2009 5:44 pm

I'd stay in Canada. Buy a nice house, or plot of land and build a nice house in/near Niagara-on-the-lake. Get our Shark moved to NOTL Sailing Club and get it completely overhauled. Probably get a bigger boat as well, maybe C&C 41, keep it at NOTL SC as well.

Spend a lot of time sailing/racing on the lake, as well as doing the Key West race series.

Get a nice cottage up in north somewhere, winterize it as well, use it as a base for summer and winter fun.

Follow the F1 championship around the world for one season.

Retrain as a mechanic and do a bit of work now and then for a laugh.

Souvy Nov 14th 2009 8:22 pm

Pied a terre in Old Montreal. Another in London. Main house somewhere down south. Costa Rica, perhaps.

Novocastrian Nov 14th 2009 8:30 pm

A pied a terre in the Board Room in St. James' Park, main residence in France.

MikeUK Nov 14th 2009 8:57 pm

A small flat in Geneva :D

Bali2010 Nov 14th 2009 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 8098908)
A pied a terre in the Board Room in St. James' Park, main residence in France.

:lol::lol:

loved living in Newcastle, even if only for a few yrs

Bali2010 Nov 14th 2009 9:26 pm

Houses in BC, UK Lakes, Florida, Italian Lakes.

Regular stays in London, Paris, Venice, Washington.

Would that it were...

Oink Nov 14th 2009 9:35 pm

I'd probably splash out on that 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix I've had my eye on and maybe week holiday at the Club Med in Cancun. :thumbup:

Piff Poff Nov 14th 2009 9:46 pm

Main residence would be in Canada, but I could see many many foreign trips.....:thumbsup:

fledermaus Nov 14th 2009 9:55 pm

Seriously? I probably wouldn't tell anyone apart from family and carry on living where we are. Buy big homes for our mums, and pay for companions and nursing as needed. Then have many trips to whereever we damn well liked and buy all the gadgets and toys we wanted.

I would have painting lessons and build a heated studio in the back yard.

Cookie Nov 14th 2009 11:10 pm

Aside from seeing certain people ok for cash, I would buy several homes around the world and fly friends and rellies over for holidays and get togethers. I would also travel the world......... slowly :thumbsup: