Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

If you think things are shitty have my week for me

If you think things are shitty have my week for me

Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:03 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you think things are shitty have my week for me

Oh what a horrible week your having. I really hope it gets better for you and your shoulder and arm gets better, so glad your not more seriousley injured. As for the exam - hey look on the bright side - ANOTHER shopping trip

Some idiot tried killing hubby on the roads last night - 1st I hear of it, is said idiot calling for hubby's insurance details and saying I was in a crash with him. I didn't panic too much, 'specially seeing as he was late home from work Thankfully it's just the Range Rover that was hurt - anything smaller and he would have been in hospital.

I really really hope things look up for you this week, I'm sending big hugs.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:27 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Oh what a horrible week your having. I really hope it gets better for you and your shoulder and arm gets better, so glad your not more seriousley injured. As for the exam - hey look on the bright side - ANOTHER shopping trip

Some idiot tried killing hubby on the roads last night - 1st I hear of it, is said idiot calling for hubby's insurance details and saying I was in a crash with him. I didn't panic too much, 'specially seeing as he was late home from work Thankfully it's just the Range Rover that was hurt - anything smaller and he would have been in hospital.

I really really hope things look up for you this week, I'm sending big hugs.

Oh s**t L I hope he's OK, the Range Rover will mend people are a little more susceptible to the damage.

As others have said there is a bright side and have woke up this morning seeing it.

The cat - I have a quality anecdote for future parties.

The exam - ahh well more shopping in Red Deer!

The Truck - needed a new one anyway really and managed to have the RCMP officer in fits of laughter so it lightened his night up too!

Me - needed practice with my right side anyway - can't do everything left handed now can we

CH check out the pics in facebook - have posted one of the little critter that caused the damage, friend managed to take a pic of him for prosperity, careful you've not just eaten though, and no before anyone asks will not be putting it on here!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi Mandy

Sorry to here of your troubles but glad to see you still have your sense of humour.

When we went to insure our cars the broker mentioned that if we ever had an encounter with deer we should make sure to hit it and kill it or they wouldnt pay out. Apparently damage caused by avoiding collisions with wildlife is not covered but collisions are.

OH had a near miss this morning with a pretty big buck and it was'nt even on the open road it was in our subdivision.

chin up Mandy
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:32 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MMC

Hope things get better soon, sounds like you have had your fair share this week

Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
CH check out the pics in facebook - have posted one of the little critter that caused the damage, friend managed to take a pic of him for prosperity, careful you've not just eaten though, and no before anyone asks will not be putting it on here!
Thanks M.

Originally Posted by lauder99
When we went to insure our cars the broker mentioned that if we ever had an encounter with deer we should make sure to hit it and kill it or they wouldnt pay out. Apparently damage caused by avoiding collisions with wildlife is not covered but collisions are.
Should I ever feel the need to speed I've now got a great excuse if pulled over by the OPP or SdQ. I have to make sure I kill whatever I hit as the insurance won't pay out for damage caused by avoiding the deer / Quebecois.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

MMC,

Wow, what a truly crap week! We think Ann had it all spot on in her response. You know what though...your attitude is inspirational and will definitely see you through.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 6:15 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you are ok and have still retained your sense of humour
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:50 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

oh shit, you have had a time of it havent you. mandy dont go out for a while or pick up strange cats glad you are ok thou come join the shitty club im sure there are a lot of us and still smiling. you can be the leader
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Not to sound insensitive, but did the deer die?? (never hit one but I'm afraid it's always the first question I ask when there's an accident involving animals!)

Sorry to hear about your crappy week Mandy, am sending karma your way

Anita xx
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

glad you are OK, and hoping that your run of bad luck is at an end.

I am afraid I did at the kitty-kidnapping episode though....

And I hope your injuries mend soonish.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:31 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

o mandy

Seen it on facebook what a week, will PM you later

What a week, but just off to check my policy now just incase
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:12 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seanyg
Not to sound insensitive, but did the deer die?? (never hit one but I'm afraid it's always the first question I ask when there's an accident involving animals!)

Sorry to hear about your crappy week Mandy, am sending karma your way

Anita xx

Yes he did die instantly - the RCMP officer had to make sure too
Old Oct 18th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Oh hunny, and there was me badgering on about what a shitty week I was having...

As everyone has already said, I'm just glad you are safe, and you won't starve over the winter

I hit a dear in a car that was v similar to a mini (old style) and somehow I ran it over, but I had only a dent of a 50 pence piece on my bonnet, and not scratches. I wasn't able to kill it, but did phone the RSPCA on the way to work... I still feel badly about it.

Well, as you said to me re: job - be positive, and don't look at the negatives...

Off to check pic on FB now!

Chin up - I know you have a special day soon, so don't want you feeling down for that now do I/?????

Bx xxx
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:52 pm
Sawdust making harpy

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That is a manic laugh just there - my landlord has just been in to see me at work HE IS SELLING MY HOUSE

Can anyone lose this much in this short a space of time - there's bloody nowhere to rent in Drum and everything that there is is way out of my price range.

Thinking caps on, back to the drawing board etc etc.

Seriously though will bounce back but sooner or later this balls gonna burst
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:55 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That is a manic laugh just there - my landlord has just been in to see me at work HE IS SELLING MY HOUSE
Well Sh*t!!!!

Chin up love it's just got to get better soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.