Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

if the scots go, do you care?

if the scots go, do you care?

Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: if the scots go, do you care?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-26147783

why am i not surprised?
Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neilcumming
This may astound you but Scotland is a weathly nation,only London and the SE of England create more wealth per head for the economy than Scotland.
We pay more in taxes than we recieve from Westminster for our budget.
So contrary to popular belief we are not a bunch of alcoholic drug taking scroungers.The SNP have been the government in Scotland for the last 2 terms and havent raised taxes ,I think they can raise it by 3% or are allowed to.
http://fullfact.org/factchecks/will_...tter_off-28889

This was interesting, seems you lot are minted, if you spin the maths to your advantage (which is what the English are doing, I accept that) but it doesn't explain why you're all alcoholic scroungers

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Feb 12th 2014 at 1:25 am.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montreal mike
This is ridiculous..... If the union is to be broken then Scotland must have its own currency.....independence means INDEPENDENCE What a stupid half baked plan.

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Feb 12th 2014 at 1:58 am.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1

This was interesting, seems you lot are minted, if you spin the maths to your advantage (which is what the English are doing, I accept that) but it doesn't explain why you're all alcoholic scroungers
The more I read about this split the more I am convinced there will be no "winner" it will end up costing ALL the British people more money. I just find the whole thing very unfortunate.

Seems its just as well I call Canada my home now.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 2:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
The more I read about this split the more I am convinced there will be no "winner" it will end up costing ALL the British people more money. I just find the whole thing very unfortunate.

Seems its just as well I call Canada my home now.
yes yes and yes again, that about sums my thoughts up to be honest, but substitute Australia for Canada

Salmonds is no less in it for himself than any other politician, and I sincerely hope the Scots don't fall for it.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

yes yes and yes again, that about sums my thoughts up to be honest, but substitute Australia for Canada

Salmonds is no less in it for himself than any other politician, and I sincerely hope the Scots don't fall for it.
That's exactly it, this Salmond clown is in it just to make a name for himself (until it all goes wrong), he has no plan, all he is doing is pulling the heart strings of the Scottish people, as you say, I hope the Scottish people don't fall for his nonsense.

I read another article of a speech given by David Cameron, I think he perfectly summed it up what damage this would do to all involved, he took the words right out of my mouth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26071166
Old Feb 12th 2014, 2:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
That's exactly it, this Salmond clown is in it just to make a name for himself (until it all goes wrong), he has no plan, all he is doing is pulling the heart strings of the Scottish people, as you say, I hope the Scottish people don't fall for his nonsense.

I read another article of a speech given by David Cameron, I think he perfectly summed it up what damage this would do to all involved, he took the words right out of my mouth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26071166
Salmonds is a tool, who has no interest in his people. The way he rants on you'd think he wanted to debate the rights and wrongs of prima nocta. He seems to be running his campaigne on slogans and insults, watch him crawl back into obscurity if he gets what he wants an it all goes wrong.

I'm proud to be British, and I love the banter between us poms and the sweaties, I also think Cameron is a dick, but in this instance he is absolutely right. United we stand divided we fall.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 3:07 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would be sad for Scotland to end up on its own.

And let's call it what it is...

It's not a step towards independence... it's consideration of a separation... with a lose-lose outcome.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:22 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
You missed the whole point.....He played there for Glasgow and they adopted him, Erik Laarson for Celtics......get it now?

Laarson is Swedish as you might know, but you didn't seem to care about him

Muppet is better than the dear you called me earlier, well of course it takes one muppette to know one
Really? did he play for Rangers? wow, you learn something new every day on here Perhaps it is you that doesn't quite "get it" or anything else

Last edited by dollface; Feb 12th 2014 at 7:46 am.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:26 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Really?, nice sweeping generalisation. My intention would be to vote NO, however, being part of a Kingdom with people of your calibre makes me want to heave and change my mind.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:31 am

But the vote is for independence for Scotland, not for Alex Salmond.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:39 am

Salmonds is a tool, who has no interest in his people. The way he rants on you'd think he wanted to debate the rights and wrongs of prima nocta. He seems to be running his campaigne on slogans and insults, watch him crawl back into obscurity if he gets what he wants an it all goes wrong.

I'm proud to be British, and I love the banter between us poms and the sweaties, I also think Cameron is a dick, but in this instance he is absolutely right. United we stand divided we fall.
Cameron is so devoted to the Union, he won't even debate with Salmond (who I also don't trust) he should, even if it's to let the Scottish people know that being part of the Union is important to him, Westminster and the rest of the UK.

There are a considerable amount of "fence sitters" right now, Cameron has the power to do something with that. Announcing to the English public that he urges them to call their Scottish friends and relatives and ask them to vote NO is totally pathetic and weak and not what we need to hear as a nation. Seems we're not worth bothering too much about - speaks volumes really.

Last edited by dollface; Feb 12th 2014 at 7:43 am.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dollface
Really?, nice sweeping generalisation. My intention would be to vote NO, however, being part of a Kingdom with people of your calibre makes me want to heave and change my mind.
You must be absolutely gorgeous, and if that's too subtle for you read my signature. Don't be so quick to condemn

Originally Posted by dollface
But the vote is for independence for Scotland, not for Alex Salmond.
yes and he's clouding the issue for everyone on the fence, that's my point, they'll be voting yes from the heart not the head.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:17 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

You must be absolutely gorgeous, and if that's too subtle for you read my signature. Don't be so quick to condemn

yes and he's clouding the issue for everyone on the fence, that's my point, they'll be voting yes from the heart not the head.

Girls should never be too pretty, it stops them developing a sense of humour and a personality
Is that your theory then? Not my experience.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Shard
Is that your theory then? Not my experience.
didn't think it would be, it's a quote from a movie, nothing deep old chap

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Feb 12th 2014 at 8:52 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.