Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I used to have fun here...

I used to have fun here...

Old Feb 18th 2016, 5:21 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I used to have fun here...

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
But I can no longer come here. The triggers are too great, I cannot mentally handle life, I live in a country with no useful mental health treatment or mental health medical system.

Anyone who is in need of mental health treatment be warned unless wealthy you will not have access to any mental health services of any use, the doctors are pill poppers and if pills don't work, you will be considered a useless turd and thrown to the waste side.

I am better off 100% alone in my cave, and thus have decided to not participate with humans, who hate me, want me gone, and frankly always have since the day I was born/

Good day.
Please reconsider leaving us. While it pales in comparison to what you appear to be enduring, I have gone through depression myself and was able to find the help (albeit in the UK) to come out the other side. It never really 'goes away' but you can, with the right help, find ways to deal with it. Medication did help me and it is also helping my son, so explore all avenues open to you but don't discount them completely. Remember as well, if the pills don't work, that's because everyone reacts to drugs in different ways. No doctor worth his salt would consider anyone useless for a given medication not working.

Listen, I often feel myself like the world's biggest misanthrope and a lot of the time I really don't care for other people but you are not better off alone. You are not hated by all humans - least of all by the membership of this forum and I hope you feel welcomed enough to stay around and let us try to help you through what is clearly a difficult time for you. Please understand that anything that might trigger an episode on this site would always be utterly unintentional. There is a community of people here who value your input and contribution and don't want to see you go.

I don't know if this is of any use to you, or even if you have already seen this, but I know you are in BC and if I remember correctly you are close to Vancouver, so I did a quick search and came up with this link to a mental health care portal that may allow you to find some help.

We all need a break from things sometimes, but please check back in if you can. Remember, when it seems hopeless and you feel the way you do now that you can find your way through to the other side. It is not a simple process and you can't just get over something like this but there are people around who can and will help you find ways to deal with it and it does get easier.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Jsmith - you once gave me a very useful link to DBT courses close to my town. We are now paying $50 per week for the therapy for my daughter Is that even within the realms of your budget? I suspect not but there appear to be at least four practitioners in Chiliwack. Call them and see what they charge or if they have any assistance for payng fees. Relying on the provincial system to help you out is proving futile to you right now.

I'd pay for you myself if I could
Old Feb 18th 2016, 7:13 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Don't go, we love seeing and reading your posts, you bring a lot of sense and information and we, and I, would really miss you.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 7:45 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

If you cannot afford quality mental health care you might consider this, since you are above average at expressing yourself.
Forbes Welcome.
Don't discount the possibilities, I know a young woman who raised sufficient money for surgery on her pet rat.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 8:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I understand the need for a man cave every now and then, don't shut down too much, you obviously need to do what's good for you but I can't help thinking as weird as we all are, we're quite useful for offloading, raising a smile etc. You're a much loved member of BE and we'd honestly miss you around the place.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 9:36 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

I don't hate you. I don't want you gone. I will miss you if you're not here. I will wonder about you and worry about you as I do other BE members who don't post any more. This is your thread, fill it with whatever you like (within the rules of course ) and we'll be here reading and responding.

This song popped into my head when I read your post

Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:37 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

If people like you leave, this place will be filled with people like me.

That can't be good. Ask moneypenny.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
If people like you leave, this place will be filled with people like me.

That can't be good. Ask moneypenny.
He's not wrong.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:47 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
He's not wrong.
That's not what you normally say.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Nutek
That's not what you normally say.
I'm feeling generous tonight.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:08 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Come on J -- jump back into the sandpit! We're all friends here and you're one of the gang!
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Holds up hand, fellow depressive here. I've done talk therapy off and on for many years. Sometimes I felt it has helped. Most recently it was a style called "internal family systems" a bit more structured than sitting on a couch bitching.

Another thing that helps me is regular good vigorous exercise. For my wife when she was recovering from post parting depression it helped to do this in early morning sunshine to help build up serotonin. Running round the block is free and you don't have to talk to anyone.

Please stay!
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:49 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

and please feel free to come on here, rant at whatever you want to, say whatever ypu want to, no-one will be upset, and no-one will try to be a smart arse and make inane comments, and if they do the power of the internet will be down on them.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:52 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

hey jsmith! please don't leave us, I love reading your totally real, honest posts - on an internet full of frauds pretending to be something they are not, you are a breath of fresh air. I am sorry life is hard right now, you are valued, you are loved. Remember that. I have also had some very tough moments and struggled, reach out to friends, get a hug. When we most want to hide, that is when we need others and it is so counter-intuitive to get out and just ask for what we need. Well done for telling us you are in a tough place, now allow us to tell you how much we all think of you and how much we want you in our lives albeit online. Here is a big ((((((HUG))))). You are loved.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

WHOA!!

No no no.

Take some time to breathe, regroup, pull back, if necessary, but don't go.

(You do realize, I hope, that some of us who've experienced mental health issues are/will be worried & will hunt you down to make sure you're ok??)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.