Wikiposts

I hate this part

Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate this part

Originally Posted by bananahammock
It's 1 week until I get laid off again

I'm an EA & work for the local school district, this year I've worked in a high school skills for life class with a group of students with ASD, FAS, Down syndrome, ADHD, behaviour issues & CP. I took extra training in the BC Autism program, St Johns Ambulance, Non-violent intervention, Non-verbal communication devices & also got to know the non-verbal students individual signs (the middle finger is universal!! ) ..... but as usual it's all about the seniority
I'm pretty resigned to it as I know the system pretty well now, just a bit sad to have to say goodbye again, tis hard when you get attached to the kids

OK, rant over .... on the upside it's only 10 days till my Mum arrives & I havn't seen her in almost 4 years .... there's gonna be a few happy tears at the airport next Saturday
Sorry to hear that BH, you have put in so much effort to keep yourself employed, there can't be many people as dedicated as you, what a loss
I really hope you have lots of fun with your Mum at least you can concentrate on her then look for another job after, wish you all the very best xx
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:11 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the BC teacher's union. One of my friends just qualified as a teacher. I've heard horror stories about teachers spending their entire day on the phone with their bookie/stockbroker and yelling at the kids who ask them for help, but they can't be fired because they've got seniority and they just get moved to another school and foisted on those poor people. The union is always 100% behind them. The new thing is you can be a retired teacher pulling a pension AND be on the teacher on call list, and make money on the side. And because you've got seniority, you get preference over the new young graduates desperately trying to get experience. I get the impression it's all about the boomers hanging on to their power.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:12 am

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

to the OP: good luck! The system is whack.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:12 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Kiwilass;7656661]I hate the BC teacher's union. One of my friends just qualified as a teacher. I've heard horror stories about teachers spending their entire day on the phone with their bookie/stockbroker and yelling at the kids who ask them for help, but they can't be fired because they've got seniority and they just get moved to another school and foisted on those poor people. The union is always 100% behind them. The new thing is you can be a retired teacher pulling a pension AND be on the teacher on call list, and make money on the side. And because you've got seniority, you get preference over the new young graduates desperately trying to get experience. I get the impression it's all about the boomers hanging on to their power.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:14 am

Die boomers Die

(in this instance)

Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:31 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
Die boomers Die
Gee thanks a hell of a lot.

Really appreciate the sentiment especially after the last two days.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:33 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Die boomers Die

(in this instance)

Originally Posted by Steve_P

huh and huh??
confused me . .
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:01 am

Ha. So my joking comment, which was specifically about the leaders at the BC Teacher's Union, is somehow all about you now, some guy on the internetz?

Honey, it's not always about YOU.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:11 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Ha. So my joking comment, which was specifically about the leaders at the BC Teacher's Union, is somehow all about you now, some guy on the internetz?

Honey, it's not always about YOU.
Piss off.
now I am thoroughly confuddled

Any way BH - hope all goes well - my ma and pa are over in 18 days
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:14 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
now I am thoroughly confuddled

Any way BH - hope all goes well - my ma and pa are over in 18 days
I'm just having a really, really bad day just ignore my comments.

And apologies to Kiwilass if she read my last post before I deleted it.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:14 am
half a century

no worries- hugs all round x x xx
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:17 am

Oh hon, sorry you're having a bad day I love Boomers. really. Just not at the teacher's union.

Hope your day gets better. Sending you some karma.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass;7656672[I
]Die boomers Die [/I](in this instance)

That is a nasty thing to say. I would not consider that 'joking' and I am not from BC. I am, however, a retired teacher, who once retired stayed that way.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:37 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Largo
That is a nasty thing to say. I would not consider that 'joking' and I am not from BC. I am, however, a retired teacher, who once retired stayed that way.
From what's been said in this thread, it's like dead mans shoes getting a secure position in the teaching profession. The comment seemed light-hearted enough, with the '' added underneath it, and not vindictive or nasty.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:22 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^ what he said. Plus I didn't get upset when Steve P implied that my wife hasn't got a permanent job because she's not a good teacher.
(Because I don't believe thats how he intended his comment to be read.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.