British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   I hardly dare to say it, but I believe Spring has sprung (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/i-hardly-dare-say-but-i-believe-spring-has-sprung-857564/)

Howefamily May 4th 2015 3:12 pm

I hardly dare to say it, but I believe Spring has sprung

What a warm and awesome weekend.. I saw my first mosquito yesterday and the house was actually too warm upstairs..... hurrah!!

Teaandtoday5 May 4th 2015 5:34 pm

Re: I hardly dare to say it, but I believe Spring has sprung

Hurrah! I think you are out east (on phone so can't see) in which case you are certainly due a bit of warmth. I am enjoying the couple of weeks between absolutely perishing and too b****y hot.

Piff Poff May 4th 2015 5:46 pm

We've had some nice days here (with a chill to the wind still) Mozzies are out with a vengeance, neighbours frogs are singing their songs and my rhubarb I noticed today is looking pretty healthy already. However, it's only the 1st week of May and I will be very surprised if a Spring storm doesn't appear in time for the long weekend.

MillieF May 4th 2015 6:23 pm

It's bloody marvelous! I've got my toes out...I'm in sandals:eek: When I arrived here, I'd see these really white pasty people, wearing really skimpy clothing and thought, 'gosh, it's a bit chilly, I wonder why they are wearing so little'? Now, I'm out there baring my all with the rest of the poor souls who haven't seen the sun for ever! Hooray, hooray:thumbup:

Shard May 4th 2015 7:11 pm

Temperature is always relative ! 15C seems lovely and warm right now, by August the same 15C will seem bloody cold.

itsasmallworld May 4th 2015 7:11 pm

Yep. I pulled my box of summer clothes out today because I was scrabbling around for something "cool" to wear this weekend. Bye bye big jumpers, thick socks, fleeces, sweat pants.

magnumpi May 4th 2015 7:42 pm

We BBQ'd yesterday :@)

scootb May 4th 2015 8:40 pm

It felt like -5 up in whitecourt on saturday night,the cold wind did not help,looked as if it was going to be a great weekend for off roading and camping as well.

Oink May 4th 2015 8:43 pm

Thursday and Friday should be sunny and 20c. Might be a day to go over to the Gulf Islands. :thumbup:

ging May 7th 2015 5:37 am

Originally Posted by scootb (Post 11636817)
It felt like -5 up in whitecourt on saturday night,the cold wind did not help,looked as if it was going to be a great weekend for off roading and camping as well.

And didn't we get a dump today!

Howefamily May 7th 2015 3:26 pm

Its going to be positively roasting on Sunday!!! And yes, teaandtoday - we are on the East coast and its been shitty (am I allowed to write shitty on here?) so thanks

Gozit May 7th 2015 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 11636714)
Temperature is always relative ! 15C seems lovely and warm right now, by August the same 15C will seem bloody cold.

+1... "Global Warming" more like global cooling when it isnt unheard of (at least in SW Ont) for an August day to go down to 15 C. I remember when it was always warm without fail...

I shan't be complaining though. Its been beautiful here the past week or so. 15-20C and sunny.

MarkG May 7th 2015 7:17 pm

Took the winter tires off the Forester yesterday, so obviously it's going to be below freezing parts of tomorrow and the weekend. Fortunately they're no longer forecasting snow.

Shard May 7th 2015 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by MarkG (Post 11639820)
Took the winter tires off the Forester yesterday, so obviously it's going to be below freezing parts of tomorrow and the weekend. Fortunately they're no longer forecasting snow.

No, probably a good four months without the stuff. :lol:

Piff Poff May 7th 2015 9:57 pm

Snow in the forecast for tonight, we had some yesterday too but it didn't stick.