Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I found a scary website.Please tell me its not true.

I found a scary website.Please tell me its not true.

Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I found a scary website.Please tell me its not true.

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
It's blocked, there were so many mentions of it by new posters who say "I just happened to see this website, what do you guys think?" that it was advertising by any other name.
Are you suggesting that neekie might not be the wide eyed innocent we didn't take him for ?
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:44 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
You obviously have never changed diapers - it gets everywhere!
No, Im quite familiar with the contents, and our offspring tend to keep the contents on the inside fortunately! #1 started school today by the way...so far so good!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:45 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
#1 started school today by the way...so far so good!
No tears??
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

No, Im quite familiar with the contents, and our offspring tend to keep the contents on the inside fortunately! #1 started school today by the way...so far so good!

Wow Iain that's wonderful news. Great to hear that she's enjoying it and Im sure mom is taking advantage of only one kid at home.

They bloody well grow up way to fast. I cant believe jj is in grade 2 and katie in kindergarten.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:48 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the article on "cost of living" there particularly enlightening NOT!

Fair enough, I only skimmed it, but I'll be damned if I could see any hard and fast facts about the actual cost of living here anywhere in the articles!

Last edited by iaink; Sep 13th 2006 at 3:51 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

neekie will become famous soon enoughneekie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dbd33
Are you suggesting that neekie might not be the wide eyed innocent we didn't take him for ?
Wid eyed and innocent I aint!! And I'm a she by the way!!!!!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:50 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
No tears??
No, like a duck to water... I wont comment on all the grown ups
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:52 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I was actually refering to MrsK and yourself
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:53 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I was actually refering to MrsK and yourself
I'll be happy if she survives the bus home, and MrsK was last seen still at the school... so who knows. Shes a sensible sort though..although she did marry me
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Both my kids were like that....in fact katie was try to push us out the door...."because she's a big girl now".....
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:00 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Buckets have both an interior and an exterior surface in Ontario.
Many of us in Ontario don't often shit into buckets anyway. I guess it's different in the sticks.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

beckyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Most of the people on that website look like they have been on Jerry Springer or Oprah.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

GLENN HETHERINGTON is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neekie
We have an application in for Canada but I found a website that has now made me think twice. Please someone tell me its not as bad as they are making it out to be. The website is www.*********.com. It is saying that you shouldn't immigrate to Canada because there are no jobs over there and that British qualifications are not recognised out there so doctors end up driving cabs and lawyers are delivering pizza! Can anyone put my mind at rest. We desperately want to go.

We moved to Calgary in December 2005 and it is awsome here, there is an oil boom in Alberta and not enough people to do the jobs, companies with full order books are closing because they cannot get the staff, everywhere in the city has signs out saying hiring.
The way of life is perfect.

Get yourself here asap.

Cheers
Glenn
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

neekie will become famous soon enoughneekie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GLENN HETHERINGTON
We moved to Calgary in December 2005 and it is awsome here, there is an oil boom in Alberta and not enough people to do the jobs, companies with full order books are closing because they cannot get the staff, everywhere in the city has signs out saying hiring.
The way of life is perfect.

Get yourself here asap.

Cheers
Glenn
Thanks Glenn. Will look into it a bit more. Let me know if you have any more useful info.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:14 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever you ask for an opinion on ANYTHING you'll get a proportion of people say it's the bees knees, a proportion of people who say it's terrible, don't touch it with a barge pole, and a proportion of people in between.

If the "Canada Sucks" brigade form their own club and make a web-site and post to eachother there, the content is hardly surprising now, is it!

I was just researching washing machines online. I found one that looked good value, with all the things we wanted at a reasonable price. I checked out the reviews on it, as it had "4.7 stars". Of around ten-twelve (didn't count) people who posted a review, all except one gave it 5 stars out of 5. The one other person struggled to give it one star, as the machine she had bought didn't work from day one, and she had problems trying to return it. In a long rant she had nothing good to say about the machine, the manufacturers, nor the store where she purchased it. Does that make it a bad machine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.