Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I find this very disturbing.

I find this very disturbing.

Old Jun 11th 2008, 12:25 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I find this very disturbing.

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
When I was a kid, I ate meat. Then I ate a veggie diet for 22 years. Now I eat meat. I'm trying to understand what you're inferring but my meat-fueled brains cell can't cope with th... oh, look a baby squirrel!!!
stop snacking Hottie.

I was raised on a standard of meat and two veg. My kids were meat, veg, perhaps pasta, rice for a change from potatoes and peas. Whenever they asked what the meat was I never pulled any punches. If it was pork I would say it is from a pig, etc...

They knew exactly where it came from and only one nearly turned veggie. It would have been her choice, but she liked liver and onions too much to switch completly. Even today occassionally she will eat all the veg and leave the meat.

We have never been into the "eat everything on the plate" brigade. If you dont want it, then leave it. But if you come back in an hours time saying you are hungry then be prepared to be allowed to eat toast and jam and nothing else. Of course Jules is the soft one and when I wasnt there she would allow them to eat anything else. Anyway they have grown up pretty well balanced and knowledgeable about their food and it's source.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:11 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I find this very disturbing.

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Soooo... if I believe that Tepeu and Gucamatz created animals from mud and wood and human beings created from maize dough.... and I believed that my sources for my beliefs were reliable... and I taught these beliefs to children... would I be giving a science lesson?

(Of course not... because science concerns itself with observable physical evidence.)
I never suggested it was good science. These people believe the bible is the only evidence needed to prove their hypothesis, so to them the creation story is fact, and they are just teaching facts. America is still somewhat a free country so these kids can get access to science texts that are more recent that 3000 years.

Last edited by gingnut; Jun 11th 2008 at 4:24 am.