Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I find this very disturbing.

I find this very disturbing.

Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I find this very disturbing.

Originally Posted by owen
I'm sorry but I disagree with the black and white choice you have put forward there. Your children could also be told another option is that life we see today has evolved based on the Darwin theory. Evolutionary life is so amazing and beautiful that maybe it is God's perfect plan, He/She is a bit of a clever bugger!
How do you claim to be a Christian if you dont even believe the basic fundamentals of Christainity - that the Bible is the divine Word of God

Right from the very first book and chapter of Creation you disbelieve the very religion you claim to be a subscriber to.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:09 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
How do you claim to be a Christian if you dont even believe the basic fundamentals of Christainity - that the Bible is the divine Word of God

Right from the very first book and chapter of Creation you disbelieve the very religion you claim to be a subscriber to.
I think what he's saying, and what baldy and the mathematician from the video should have said if they wanted to be convincing, is that as God created the rules, all our scientific data could have been part of the plan.

A tricksy deity if you will.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:22 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
I said this to my 8 year old daughter........her response :

Well men can't put up a shelf in 6 days, so I don't believe that last one

That is just Fantastic...already an intelligent young lady with a good insight to men...

Maybe this is the start of a new thread...What our children say...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AlvicSK

..............but I was taught the bible was the word of the Lord, not an unquestionable divine document. I believe that the Bible be read not as an accurate historical document, but rather as a work of literature and theology that often draws on historical events. Any logical Christian can understand that thousands of years of story telling trying explain a theology will a) be simplified for an audience who has no concept of evolution and genetics yet, and b) evolve in itself as a story as it passes word of mouth through time, geography and culture.

Remember Genesis id the basis of not one but three religions and when it came to the written word, it was done at a time when the Christian church was fighting for political/geographical and montery power. The same church which is, of course, run by the most fallable of creatures......man!

The hierarchy of the catholic church published a teaching document in 2005instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true. The catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland informed folowers, as well as any others drawn to the study of the bible, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the book.

So I'm quite happy with my standing with the big man, and if I'm wrong (and you're right!), I'll find out sure enough

Last edited by owen; Apr 1st 2008 at 8:33 pm. Reason: toned down
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't watched the tape but I don't believe in evolution. Guess that makes me an odd ball to you. Strange how intolerate people get of others who don't believe as they do.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rete
I haven't watched the tape but I don't believe in evolution. Guess that makes me an odd ball to you. Strange how intolerate people get of others who don't believe as they do.
Sorry Rete didn't want to come across intolerant, just don't like my Christianity beliefs being questioned in such a tone!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
at least Simon didn't have to poke me like I did him...
If you don't like being poked.......

Get off facebook

Bet you thought I was going to be rude then, didn't you?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:47 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure who you are directing your comments to but you mention the video that I posted, so I will reply.

If you choose not to believe in evolution, fine. In my opinion it is a very odd choice given the empircal evidence that supports it but it's your choice not to believe it.

What angers me about the video is the manner in which the children in the video are having their intellectual wings clipped. It is that that I find abusive and disgusting and I see little reason to be tolerant that sort of treatment of children.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:55 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Strange how intolerate people get of others who don't believe as they do.
Yes. That's why religon tends to start wars.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

I think being 100% sure about anything is a little weird to me whether it's religion or science.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Yes. That's why religon tends to start wars.
Who mentioned Star wars
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:24 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I'm not sure who you are directing your comments to but you mention the video that I posted, so I will reply.

If you choose not to believe in evolution, fine. In my opinion it is a very odd choice given the empircal evidence that supports it but it's your choice not to believe it.

What angers me about the video is the manner in which the children in the video are having their intellectual wings clipped. It is that that I find abusive and disgusting and I see little reason to be tolerant that sort of treatment of children.
Here here...(in part), as I said in my post...I chose to Home Educate my children - not because I was better than the teachers...but that I wanted my children to learn through learning and being independent thinkers, questioning what was in front of them, using reasoned argument to discuss and reason their conclusion, not just be fed what the National Curriculum thinks will help them pass tests...that doesn't prepare young adults for society.

We home edders get a bad slate, and the systematic brain washing like these guys seemed to be shoving...(not that some of the things they said we unreasonable - as I said, it can be show carbon-14 dating has given inaacurate dates etc.) do the ones of us who really care what "food" is put to our children and how, an awful lot of damage.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:09 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
We home edders get a bad slate, and the systematic brain washing like these guys seemed to be shoving...(not that some of the things they said we unreasonable - as I said, it can be show carbon-14 dating has given inaacurate dates etc.) do the ones of us who really care what "food" is put to our children and how, an awful lot of damage.
I sincerely hope that the education you're giving your kids is a bit more coherent than your posting here.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:17 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't watched the tape but I don't believe in evolution.
Why not? What do you think are the major flaws in the current models of DNA replication and protein synthesis that would be necessary for evolution to not exist?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:27 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by bazzz
I sincerely hope that the education you're giving your kids is a bit more coherent than your posting here.
read it properly and butt out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.