Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I don't believe it!!!

Wikiposts

I don't believe it!!!

Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:11 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I don't believe it!!!

Originally Posted by Brownstar
No because nobody was actually driving the car
B'dum bum TCHISCHHHHH!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

hello peoples, I wasn't ignoring you but Rogers disconnected the internet...again!! Anyways I had to get out the house today because next door neighbour (arseholes his name) is digging his land today and bonfires in 39 heat and we've had to close all the windows in the house and found out the AC is broken so its 29 in here at the moment. Sometimes it doesn't rain it pours!!!

So I'm putting a sign in the window of my car with an arrow saying "this damage was done by a Man!" because you just feel that everyone looks at you and presumes it's your bad driving. Anyways insurance company sorting it out but I could of smacked the arrogant so and so for his attitude. I had to point out at one point that the assumption that I'd opened his garage door, lifted said handbrake off and me and friend deliberately rolled it into my car just for the excitement of calling a policeman out.

I loved my car and it was the poshest car I've ever owned. The Mazda Sedan (hatchback too boy racer for me). Off to local pool now to cool down.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Didn't someone say on another thread that Brits don't drive like Canadians !! The implication seemed to be that imported drivers are some how superior. I have always found Canadians much more considerate than stroppy, know it all, inconsiderate Brits ! Is this event an example of that superiority ?
I said that, the suggested implication was they drive differently (don't blame me for your incorrect inference). Comparing the two driving styles is like comparing apples with oranges - hugely (for the most part) double laned roads that are straight, versus narrow, windy roads.

I would love to see the average Canadian semi driver drive through the Devonshire countryside and make a delivery to a small store down a narrow back lane. Just like I would love to see an English truck driver drive from Fort McMurray to Florida in the middle of winter and stick to the timing schedule of a North American driver as opposed to the (tachograph imposed )English timing.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I would love to see the average Canadian semi driver drive through the Devonshire countryside and make a delivery to a small store down a narrow back lane.
It was challenging enough to drive a Ford Mondeo around Eastbourne.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:47 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see Canadian drivers learn how to pull into the junction when waiting to turn across traffic.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:05 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I said that, the suggested implication was they drive differently (don't blame me for your incorrect inference). Comparing the two driving styles is like comparing apples with oranges - hugely (for the most part) double laned roads that are straight, versus narrow, windy roads.

I would love to see the average Canadian semi driver drive through the Devonshire countryside and make a delivery to a small store down a narrow back lane. Just like I would love to see an English truck driver drive from Fort McMurray to Florida in the middle of winter and stick to the timing schedule of a North American driver as opposed to the (tachograph imposed )English timing.
I don't "blame" you for anything. In fact I agree with what you say here. Apples and oranges.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:17 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd love to see Canadian drivers learn how to pull into the junction when waiting to turn across traffic.
Me too, but I understand that is how some are being taught these days.

You don't pull into the intersection until it is clear to go and you don't turn your wheels until you start to move. Just in case you get hit from the rear and pushed into oncoming traffic.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's a hardtop. If you're going to make do with a hardtop you may as well go the whole hog and get a minivan.
Have you seen much top-down driving lately in the VW?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 6:23 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Me too, but I understand that is how some are being taught these days.

You don't pull into the intersection until it is clear to go and you don't turn your wheels until you start to move. Just in case you get hit from the rear and pushed into oncoming traffic.
Its frankly ridiculuous..............lets teach people to sit in a land blocking it completely when there is a perfect good piece of road that can be pulled into to wait to turn.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 6:36 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Its frankly ridiculuous..............lets teach people to sit in a land blocking it completely when there is a perfect good piece of road that can be pulled into to wait to turn.
I agree with you but unfortunately...
Old Jun 26th 2009, 6:57 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Have you seen much top-down driving lately in the VW?
Every day. It's been in the nineties. I got caught in a thunderstorm yesterday but luckily I was on the 401 so, when the traffic next ground to a halt, I was able to put the top up without having to pull over.