I blame Trump

Old Jan 12th 2018, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I blame Trump

“We do not understand President Trump’s aversion to so-called ‘shithole countries,’ since he is doing his best to turn the United States into one,”
Old Jan 12th 2018, 10:39 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
“We do not understand President Trump’s aversion to so-called ‘shithole countries,’ since he is doing his best to turn the United States into one,”
Ha ha I saw that on the news too. His use of words is a little off for the leader of Rednecksville SA.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Well yes, but does that make them better? Were, say, Arnold Schwarzenegger or Jesse Ventura worse governors than Chris Christie because he's a lawyer and they're not?
Not at all, however I think after this latest rather predictable fiasco, there needs to be to a return to some kind of statesman/person type leadership, and that can only come from someone who has been involved with politics from a young age, and understands it and what it takes to represent and run a country regardless of their political party they represent.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 1:08 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
...there needs to be to a return to some kind of statesman/person type leadership...
So Tony Blair or Justin Trudeau?
Old Jan 13th 2018, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
So Tony Blair or Justin Trudeau?
Well thats not much of a choice Bristol....I mean really! Think Ill pass on that one! lol
Old Jan 13th 2018, 3:55 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
there needs to be to a return to some kind of statesman/person type leadership
I think you're asking a great deal from people who will have discarded any sense of decency along with their backbone the instant they decided to sell their political favours to the highest bidder to get elected in the first place.

You don't have to look far into the 'swamp' that's american politics to realise that there aren't any who can remotely be described as statesmanlike.

Ironically, the only man who is actually doing what he said he would do is now being hung drawn and quartered for behaving as you would have expected him to. The argument that the american people knew what they were voting for is a good one. Trump's background was laid bare for all to see and yet they still voted him in, not the majority I admit, but the system did.

Trump scares the hell out of me because he's so unlike anything that's gone before and we're all having to clench our buttocks and hope that the next insult he throws out won't be the last, but to expect anyone in american politics to do anything about him is just asking too much from politicians who've learned that you do well by keeping your head down when the muck's flying.

The big unknown of course is Mueller and what he's found out, now I wonder if he has any political aspirations? But of course that's a pipe dream, he's not an actor.. or is he?
Old Jan 13th 2018, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I think you're asking a great deal from people who will have discarded any sense of decency along with their backbone the instant they decided to sell their political favours to the highest bidder to get elected in the first place.

You don't have to look far into the 'swamp' that's american politics to realise that there aren't any who can remotely be described as statesmanlike.

Ironically, the only man who is actually doing what he said he would do is now being hung drawn and quartered for behaving as you would have expected him to. The argument that the american people knew what they were voting for is a good one. Trump's background was laid bare for all to see and yet they still voted him in, not the majority I admit, but the system did.

Trump scares the hell out of me because he's so unlike anything that's gone before and we're all having to clench our buttocks and hope that the next insult he throws out won't be the last, but to expect anyone in american politics to do anything about him is just asking too much from politicians who've learned that you do well by keeping your head down when the muck's flying.

The big unknown of course is Mueller and what he's found out, now I wonder if he has any political aspirations? But of course that's a pipe dream, he's not an actor.. or is he?

Be it the USA, UK and Canada when was the last time a person without gobs of money behind them got elected? Oh but that person was a lawyer who must be a good person lets elect them. Sure you expect a potential leader to be states person like and not be a doofus but time after time they get elected promising to do this and that and end up just like all the others.
The US has only 2 parties to choose from so its one or the other.
Canada has more parties but have only ever elected from 2 be it Cons or Liberal.
What about the UK pretty much the same as Canada.
Most now just vote for the lesser of evils or don't vote at all.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 12:40 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Today Steven Spielberg, Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks were on the TV (Andrew Marr) all seriously contemplating an Oprah presidency. After the meltdown that is Trump, I suppose anything can happen. Spielberg pitched her as a 'healer' someone who brings people together...can you see the narrative here?
Old Jan 14th 2018, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Today Steven Spielberg, Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks were on the TV (Andrew Marr) all seriously contemplating an Oprah presidency. After the meltdown that is Trump, I suppose anything can happen. Spielberg pitched her as a 'healer' someone who brings people together...can you see the narrative here?
Yes, it's all rather pathetic that the Hollywood Elite are being taken seriously at all in this regard. America, please, please wake up and smell the coffee! I live in hope but suspect it is a forlorn one.

Last edited by macadian; Jan 14th 2018 at 12:48 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 12:54 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Yes, it's all rather pathetic that the Hollywood Elite are being taken seriously at all in this regard. America, please, please wake up and smell the coffee! I live in hope but suspect it is a forlorn one.
I suppose it's not just the Hollywood elite, but the media too. I mean, when even the BBC can sit there and propagate the message instead of question her suitability. I don't know, she may be capable, but I read an article on her penchant for magical thinking and psuedo-science, it does make me wonder if she is the right choice. Such an odd nation the US, rationality and deep superstition is weaved into its DNA.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

How about Chelsea Manning preparing to run as a Democratic Senator what could possibly go wrong with that
Chelsea Manning: Ex-army leaker to run for US senate - BBC News
Old Jan 14th 2018, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
How about Chelsea Manning preparing to run as a Democratic Senator what could possibly go wrong with that
Chelsea Manning: Ex-army leaker to run for US senate - BBC News
Equally pathetic imo. America may be more inclusive these days (not with standing the allegedly treasonous crimes he was convicted and incarcerated for) but it is a stretch. Yes indeed, America is well and truly f****d!!!

Last edited by macadian; Jan 14th 2018 at 1:08 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 1:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
T...seriously contemplating an Oprah presidency...
It's all a bit of a Soap Oprah isn't it.

Originally Posted by macadian
Yes, it's all rather pathetic that the Hollywood Elite are being taken seriously at all in this regard...
Yeah...Hollywood actors in American Politics. That would be a first.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It's all a bit of a Soap Oprah isn't it.

Yeah...Hollywood actors in American Politics. That would be a first.
If Jack Bauer was a real person Id vote for him as President or PM. Actually he is now the President of the US but has now changed his name to Tom Kirkman obviously to remain anonymous to all those he pissed off when he was Jack Bauer
Old Jan 14th 2018, 6:22 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If Jack Bauer was a real person Id vote for him as President or PM. Actually he is now the President of the US but has now changed his name to Tom Kirkman obviously to remain anonymous to all those he pissed off when he was Jack Bauer
Well his grandfather was Premier of Saskatchewan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.