I blame Trump

Old Jan 11th 2018, 7:38 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I blame Trump

The advantage/disadvantage with lawyers is that they are conditioned to pass the "blush test"... they can say something they know not to be true without flinching. Few other occupations condition people to that skill.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 7:50 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
The advantage/disadvantage with lawyers is that they are conditioned to pass the "blush test"... they can say something they know not to be true without flinching. Few other occupations condition people to that skill.
You watch that Sarah Huckabee Sanders when she gets going, she lies like a rug! She also has this lazy eye thing going on like she's looking for an exit just in case while she's talking, which is kind of hot.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 7:51 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
That's true but nepotism is rampant here. Do we have a reason to suppose that "spoiled heir" is a worse prior occupation for politicians than "lawyer" or "entertainment personality"?

Maybe Ivanka would be better at governing than Oprah.
It must be quite the double edged sword for Ivanka, she's probably quite a competent and intelligent woman, but she will be slated because of the connection with her psycho father. Mind you, I don't trust who she married, so perhaps her judgement isn't that great after all.

Oprah, compassionate, but not particularly intelligent and a bit too pro people of her own colour.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 8:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Oprah...a bit too pro people of her own colour.
Spike Lee then. He's not in the least bit like that.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 8:19 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Oprah, compassionate, but not particularly intelligent and a bit too pro people of her own colour.
You should have included your examples and proofs, to save having to make another post. I just read her wiki page and am curious where you got your information.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Lawyers are probably the elite at this skill but others are highly accomplished - estate agents, sellers of mobile phones, sellers of used cars, sellers of dental services, presumably drug dealers...

This channel 4 series on Trump was good. Apparently Netflix will be showing it later this year.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...american-dream

Classic Trump and Clinton...

https://news.sky.com/video/body-lang...-play-11181124

https://news.sky.com/video/body-lang...ssive-11180970
Old Jan 12th 2018, 12:55 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
You should have included your examples and proofs, to save having to make another post. I just read her wiki page and am curious where you got your information.
If you watch her show she seems biased towards supporting black people which is fine, she's an entertainer. But as a leader she would need to be more colour blind. Barrack and Michelle were colour blind in my opinion (supporting all races equally) Oprah, not so much.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 1:18 am
Stand-up Philosopher

If you watch her show she seems biased towards supporting black people which is fine, she's an entertainer. But as a leader she would need to be more colour blind. Barrack and Michelle were colour blind in my opinion (supporting all races equally) Oprah, not so much.
I confess I don't watch her show, (or any other daytime tv) but I haven't heard that about her before.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 2:29 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
What occupation should World Leaders have before becoming World Leaders?
Apprentice?
Old Jan 12th 2018, 5:23 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect that our Oprah is a smart cookie, perhaps too smart to want to want to be president, but... power, or the prospect of power does funny things to the mind.

She's black and a woman and she may feel sufficiently bored with being wealthy and famous to think that she could be more Obama than Obama ever was and definitely anti- Trump..

Would she be a good president? Who knows butl could she be any worse?

The US presidential performance should make the oscars for the next 10 years running.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Im pretty sure Tony Soprano would get more votes than Trump.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 10:10 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by dave_j
I suspect that our Oprah is a smart cookie
When a university teaches a course based on her business acumen that's a pretty safe assumption. I'm a bit suspicious of her spiritual side, but admit that's my cynicism.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Im pretty sure Tony Soprano would get more votes than Trump.

RIP James Gandolfini.
I loved the Sopranos.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 12:00 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Apprentice?

Is it too early for a comment of the year nomination?
Old Jan 12th 2018, 3:44 pm
Oscar nominated

Trump Demands Poem on Statue of Liberty Be Revised to Exclude Shithole Countries
“I don’t know the entire poem, but it’s something like ‘Give us your tired, your poor, your yadda yadda yadda,’ ” he said. “We could keep all that but then put in, right at the end, in big letters, maybe, ‘except if you’re from a shithole country.’ ”

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.