I am so bored.

Old Mar 30th 2008, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am so bored.

BORED?????

You won't be when you've read the "Bugs" thread in the main forum. You'll be off to Walmart for some spray and traps and stuff.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:27 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
So I will tell you all something boring to make you bored as well.

We bought some fish today and so far 3 have died.

I don't think I was made to look after fish.

The End.
Nooooooooooooooo, I just set up my wee aquarium yesterday, Bought 4 new fish. Two swordfish tails (Chandler and Monica) and two Balloon Mollies (Yin and Yang).

20-hour update........................... still alive............. phew

Last edited by Cookie; Mar 30th 2008 at 1:41 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:38 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
WOW!!!!!
Cool, isn't it?

I've seen footage of an octopus doing the camouflage thing before but not to such a degree. I'm in complete awe...
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:49 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
And you thought toilets were made for us humans...

Check out this vid about some marine life... the octopus at the end is far freakin out! http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/206

Sorry about the goners...
Fantastic video - you've got to give mother nature a whole lot of credit
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:39 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

So today we took the two dead tetra fish back and swapped them for some new ones and also a few other ones - no idea which ones but they were bright and the kids liked them - we hadn't even got home and three died!!

I do believe I shall change my name to the Fish Killer.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:49 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

So today we took the two dead tetra fish back and swapped them for some new ones and also a few other ones - no idea which ones but they were bright and the kids liked them - we hadn't even got home and three died!!

How are you transporting them home, and how are you acclimatising them before adding them to the tank? Sudden changes in tempertature and water quality can cause fish to die......
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:57 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
How are you transporting them home, and how are you acclimatising them before adding them to the tank? Sudden changes in tempertature and water quality can cause fish to die......
We do all the acclimatising that we are supposed to do and bringing them straight back from the shop - ie not leaving them hanging around in the car all day!! The other fish in the same bag were okay so I think we just got a dud bunch and they were from Walmart...say no more!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:09 pm
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of

We do all the acclimatising that we are supposed to do and bringing them straight back from the shop - ie not leaving them hanging around in the car all day!! The other fish in the same bag were okay so I think we just got a dud bunch and they were from Walmart...say no more!
Amy, Ive got an idea,go down the the sea collect some mussels on the rocks,
put them in your fish bowl and watch them until they open! That'll keep you occupied for a while,or your more than welcome to pop over to my place and watch my paint dry. Ive been doing it all week and its really not that bad.
Promise
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

So I will tell you all something boring to make you bored as well.

We bought some fish today and so far 3 have died.

I don't think I was made to look after fish.

The End.
Hi Amy
I have just the thing for you! Last summer when we moved we were spotted as the new kids on the block, and got to have the school fish, for keeps. Dori is a Cichlid and although only a few inches long, has the attitude of a Great White. We tried to get her some 'friends' and acclimatised them in her tank in a plastic bag. She immediately swam at them and tried to attack them. They had to be returned to the store for their own safety. (!) If the dog goes near the tank she tries to intimidate her.

So, if you want a completely indestructable fish, Dori's your girl (well, we think she's a girl.)

Can pop her in the post today if you're interested? (lol)
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:36 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Lol my friend bleached out her fish tank cos it smelt rotten, and didn't rinse it well enough....came down the next morning all but one of the fish were dead Now her kids have ones from the fair and they seem indistructable... my advice, wait for the hook a duck to arrive

Last edited by Littletashy; Apr 1st 2008 at 6:37 pm. Reason: I cant spell...doh
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:58 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Nooooooo not a Ritz - you only eat those with Primula. Fish and Branston should be eaten on a Jacobs Cream Cracker.
Can you get them in Canada - easily (obviously you can get them)
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:38 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Littletashy
Lol my friend bleached out her fish tank cos it smelt rotten, and didn't rinse it well enough....came down the next morning all but one of the fish were dead Now her kids have ones from the fair and they seem indistructable... my advice, wait for the hook a duck to arrive
Between Piglet and Puddleduck at our local fair last week got a pink stuffed shark and a pair of sunglasses - we don't get fish anymore...really sad not to be able to take the fish in the plastic bags on the upside down rides before they get home.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:26 am
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
we don't get fish anymore...really sad not to be able to take the fish in the plastic bags on the upside down rides before they get home.

The pink shark, not a good replacement then? It Will be a talking point if you put it in the pond
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:27 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by Littletashy

The pink shark, not a good replacement then? It Will be a talking point if you put it in the pond
So what do you think to the new thread - have I sucked it up enough?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:32 am
Tootsie BattyFace

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
So what do you think to the new thread - have I sucked it up enough?

which thread, have i missed it? sorry little boy being demanding.
Will head out on a thread reccie now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.