I’m back!

Old Oct 31st 2018, 9:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I’m back!

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
we were on work permits for the first three years couple with quite a few holidays we have to wait!
OK, sorry to push on this, and I'm sure you're right and have worked it out correctly, but it looks like you got PR over 2 years ago? So given your work permit time will count as well, are you absolutely sure you don't qualify now? It just might make your decisions easier if you know you can get citizenship fairly soon and have that as a back up if you do return to the UK.
Old Oct 31st 2018, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Just be aware that you will not be able to return to the UK with your daughter without his consent, or a Court Order allowing you to do so. It is referred to as a mobility Application and ordinarily, IMVHO, is the most difficult Application to succeed with in all of family law. The fact that he has moved to another Province works in your favour, as does the fact that he doesn't appear to want to spend much time with his daughter.

I wish you all the best.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OK, sorry to push on this, and I'm sure you're right and have worked it out correctly, but it looks like you got PR over 2 years ago? So given your work permit time will count as well, are you absolutely sure you don't qualify now? It just might make your decisions easier if you know you can get citizenship fairly soon and have that as a back up if you do return to the UK.
we got PR October 2016 but we have had a few long trips, maybe three months worth out of the country. We should be able to apply around March I think.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Just be aware that you will not be able to return to the UK with your daughter without his consent, or a Court Order allowing you to do so. It is referred to as a mobility Application and ordinarily, IMVHO, is the most difficult Application to succeed with in all of family law. The fact that he has moved to another Province works in your favour, as does the fact that he doesn't appear to want to spend much time with his daughter.

I wish you all the best.
he said initially he wouldn’t fight me taking her back, but then he said he could if he wanted to. I pointed out a lot of factors and said you can fight but I think you will lose, you will also lose any respect that your daughter as for you as well!
#feisty
Old Nov 8th 2018, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a lawyer/legal advice on board? I'm sure you've done this.