I’m back!

Old Oct 30th 2018, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default I’m back!

Long time, no type!!
its been an interesting few months culminating in the OH confessing to an affair and buggering off to start a new life in Winnipeg. He has left me in Vancouver with our 10 year old daughter and a houseful of pets.
Too many decisions to make. Do we stay here and eat beans to afford a house, do we move elsewhere in Canada where it is cheaper or to we return to Blighty? We’ve been here 5 years but not quite long enough for citizenship.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 4:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I’m back!

The cad! Sorry to hear about that but sounds like you're better off shed of him.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 5:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

He's in Winnipeg! Some you win.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 5:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
Long time, no type!!
its been an interesting few months culminating in the OH confessing to an affair and buggering off to start a new life in Winnipeg. He has left me in Vancouver with our 10 year old daughter and a houseful of pets.
Too many decisions to make. Do we stay here and eat beans to afford a house, do we move elsewhere in Canada where it is cheaper or to we return to Blighty? We’ve been here 5 years but not quite long enough for citizenship.
So very sorry to hear this.. what a total bar steward!

He may have to pay towards your living costs, will definitely have to pay child support - and potentially spousal support - so you don't have to eat beans.. though you may find it less stress to move elsewhere.

Get some advice before making any decisions.. and don't rush blindly into signing any agreements about anything until you have had time to read and research.
Something to bear in mind - you'll find it a lot easier to ensure child support / spousal support is paid if you remain in Canada.. plus the hassle of visitation rights..

https://familylaw.lss.bc.ca/legal_is...orceBasics.php
https://familylaw.lss.bc.ca/legal_is...hildBasics.php
https://familylaw.lss.bc.ca/legal_is...ouseBasics.php

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 30th 2018 at 5:46 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 6:34 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about the issues you have gone through. From what I have read on this forum over the years, I would definitely try and stick it out until you have submitted your Canadian citizenship application. It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

How close are you to having lived in Canada for 1,095 days out of the 5 years?
Old Oct 30th 2018, 6:35 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^ This for sure.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

22 years of marriage and a huge discrepancy in salaries means I will get a reasonable amount of spousal support. We are thinking of heading to Kelowna if we don’t go back to Europe. He has made little effort to see his daughter which is painful in many ways but also a relief. Is Stikypup still around? He lives up that way I might need to pick his brain!
Old Oct 30th 2018, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Danny B
Sorry to hear about the issues you have gone through. From what I have read on this forum over the years, I would definitely try and stick it out until you have submitted your Canadian citizenship application. It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

How close are you to having lived in Canada for 1,095 days out of the 5 years?

we qualify around April next year
Old Oct 30th 2018, 8:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this, what a git.

If you've been there 5 years then are you sure you don't already qualify for citizenship? Remember that time before PR counts too (half time).

Best of luck to you and your daughter with whatever you decide.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 9:34 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

we qualify around April next year
Well if it was me, I would hang on until April before you make any major decisions that could jeopardize your citizenship. Having said that, it's easy for me to give advice not knowing what you are going through.

Stinkypup had a bust up with the Geordie gentleman on here and is now a lurker, not a poster.

Last edited by Danny B; Oct 30th 2018 at 9:41 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
So sorry to hear this, what a git.

If you've been there 5 years then are you sure you don't already qualify for citizenship? Remember that time before PR counts too (half time).

Best of luck to you and your daughter with whatever you decide.
we were on work permits for the first three years couple with quite a few holidays we have to wait!
Old Oct 30th 2018, 10:42 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, I am so sorry for your stress! Nobody needs that sort of stuff happening. I would try and hang on for citizenship...IF you are happy in Canada, if it's more Meh than go where your heart tells you, but get all the legal stuff nailed down first I would say. Hugs to you and your daughter.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 11:26 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: I’m back!

Originally Posted by Danny B

Well if it was me, I would hang on until April before you make any major decisions that could jeopardize your citizenship. Having said that, it's easy for me to give advice not knowing what you are going through.

Stinkypup had a bust up with the Geordie gentleman on here and is now a lurker, not a poster.
Jeez - Inspector Danny Clouseau! I really think that it is seriously pushing it calling me a lurker- more of a "once in a blue mooner" - Weirdly, a physician had directly contacted me yesterday via BE from the UK for help and I had to log in to BE so that I could directly reply to him whilst keeping an air of anonymity and of course mystique-hence one of my very very infrequent log-ins. I never knew that there was a facility which enabled you to contact someone whilst they were not logged in as with the usual PMs. Anyhow whilst on, I did a brief bit of browsing then spotted Tootles news. I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you, awful for you and your daughter - as pointed out, at least over Winter you can have a quiet chuckle to yourself that he is freezing his bits off in Winnipeg whilst you arent- I know where I would rather be. I will contact you directly to see if you need any info if you are actually heading our way.... Nice drawing of a black widow btw, even though I say it myself. Oh and Bristol, I'm not liking Dr Who at all... she looks like she is auditioning for The Wiggles and the story lines have been crap .... Off back into the night ...
Old Oct 31st 2018, 12:29 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

22 years of marriage and a huge discrepancy in salaries means I will get a reasonable amount of spousal support.
If you can collect it. I hope his new life in a different Province involves salaried employment.
Old Oct 31st 2018, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
If you can collect it. I hope his new life in a different Province involves salaried employment.
he’s earning more than he ever has!!!

You are are all Lovely! Thank you.,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.