Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How much is your child worth?????

How much is your child worth?????

Old Nov 14th 2008, 4:28 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much is your child worth?????

Originally Posted by dbd33
To me the idea of being excessively violent with one's children is like the idea of being excessively sexual with them. Any much is too much, so I can't get my head around how one might behave in public so as to conceal one's private depravity.
I didn't want to turn this thread into a smacking debate.

Personally i don't, or won't smack my kids but i won't preach to others. Its only my opinion and time will tell if it was the correct policy.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:11 am
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Evening papers in London today state that the mother of Baby P has been bragging that she will be out by Christmas!!

It is unbeliveable that this atrocity can happen in the same borough that has already had a similar case!
Yeah I saw that and that she has just given birth to another child while in prison.Thank goodness the baby was taken away from her a few hours after the birth.I didnt know she had another 2 children also.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:18 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eve N
Yeah I saw that and that she has just given birth to another child while in prison.Thank goodness the baby was taken away from her a few hours after the birth.I didnt know she had another 2 children also.
oooh! missed that bit about her just having had a baby and having others!! Neuter the woman (is that the right word?)
Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:29 am
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
oooh! missed that bit about her just having had a baby and having others!! Neuter the woman (is that the right word?)
Yeah whatever..spade? she has no right to be a mother.

BTW I'm sitting here with boxes piled up all around me too!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:34 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eve N
Yeah whatever..spade? she has no right to be a mother.

BTW I'm sitting here with boxes piled up all around me too!
spade and neuter - thats what the vet does - yep seems about right

hang on STERILISE thats what the humans have done!!

ps my boxes have gone - have an empty house that needs a dam good clean before next week we leave on the 10th Dec = when and where for you?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flogger
Small tip. Haringey social services are not the victims here.
??? What do you mean by this?

If you read my posts properly you will see that I'm not denying that what happened to that baby was awful, horrible. (I can't find a suitable adjective)
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:05 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, that confused the hell out of me.

the word is SPEYED people!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

Doesn't that mean someone who's moved to a bit of Scotland? How about "spayed"?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

I have just heard on the radio that a letter was sent to Social Services/ Authorities (not sure which) 6 months before this poor baby died, from someone concerned about him.
Obviously, something has broken down in the system here.
Still heartbreaking to hear tho
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, bit of duff info there.
The letter was sent to the Government from an ex social worker saying that Haringey Council were not following through child protection issues to the letter
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:37 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

D'Oh. Gotta get some coffee into my system still.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

Surely the word is 'spay' as in 'shall we get the vet to spay the cat?'. Spayed would be 'we have had the cat spayed'.

Enforced sterilisation of people is a bit pitchforks at dawn for me, but I guess she won't be allowed to keep any other children she may have anyway.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 2:47 pm
Happy here..

Originally Posted by iaink

Gosh you're right,my brain not keeping up with my typing.No wonder you couldnt follow..
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:57 pm
half a century

yes speyed / spayed - sorry -have a lot going on at mo -but you all got the gist!!

According to the Daily Mail today - ok pinch of salt ready . .

Haringey Soc Services didnt want to take the new baby away from Baby P's mum immediatelty, so that SHE COULD BOND WITH IT!! It was the police that insisted the new baby was removed!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:17 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

The 2 kiddies that were stabbed to death in Manchester, were also on the child protection register after the mother had abandoned them twice.......

So they were also known to be at risk ..........