Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How many crazy people have you seen today?

How many crazy people have you seen today?

Old May 17th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default How many crazy people have you seen today?

It seems every time I go out I run into some weirdo. Today's example I was getting off a bus with my little boy and my baby girl in her stroller (on Queen Street on my way to the park) a guy waiting to get on the bus says to me "oh for god sake can't you get a car".

Also the other afternoon my neighbour told me some woman came walked up our driveway sat on our porch and light up a cigarette. When my neighbour looked at her she said "oh does somebody live here" then she got up and moved on the sit on someone elses porch.

I really think Toronto has more than it's fair share of crazy people
Old May 17th 2008, 2:24 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How many crazy people have you seen today?

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I hear they had to import a bunch to fill the void when DBD33 and his gay dog left for the country life.
Old May 17th 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I hear they had to import a bunch to fill the void when DBD33 and his gay dog left for the country life.
Well that explains it
Old May 17th 2008, 2:36 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in Toronto around 4 years ago near the Eaton Centre, I came across what I thought was a large woman, wearing a coat and headscarf (a la 1970's housewife). When I caught up with her beside the traffic lights 'she' turned around and had a full beard and moustache and was wearing red lippy. I looked down and just below her flowery dress 'she' had extremely manly hairy legs complete with tackity boots - I don't think he was heading to a fancy dress party either

I am just glad that I never came across this crazy lady in Toronto
Old May 17th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Holy Crap that was scary
Old May 17th 2008, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Agreed, it makes Scottish city centres look like boy scout meets.
Old May 17th 2008, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
There will be one more later today when Carrie 4Bells arrives for her recci
Old May 17th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

There are indeed many "odd" people downtown but I've actually ran into more weirdness since we moved to East York (Main and Danforth area). Of course I'm on TTC more these days and once you have a baby with you you are a magnet for unwanted attention.
Old May 17th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

You obviously didn't hang out in Glasgow all that much, come to think of it, Auld Reekie had more than its fair share too. Give me Toronto any day
Old May 17th 2008, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mc_dub
You obviously didn't hang out in Glasgow all that much, come to think of it, Auld Reekie had more than its fair share too. Give me Toronto any day
I've lived in both Edinburgh and Glasgow and I've never seen so many as in Toronto. I found the "crazy people" hanging round in Scottish city centres to be old alchoholics, we knew most of their names and traits - they were largely harmless, whereas he ones I saw hanging around central Toronto seemed to be younger, mainly junkies and schizophrenics - and I found some of their behaviour pretty threatening. Of course there are people with those issues in Scotland, but I've never seen such large numbers of them in city centre areas...
Old May 17th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute

Not seen today, but a couple of weeks ago.
There she was---- bright red shoes with pom poms on the top, green tights, blue top with a tu tu, white face with the big red nose and bright blue affro hair, a regular clown. Seen walking along the main street and then going in the bank!
The best thing of all though was that nobody gave her a second look, all quite normal for downtown Creston
Old May 17th 2008, 5:37 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

i've found so far that there appears to be very little in social care for this issue. for the most part it appears they are abandoned on the street to their own devices and then consequently come into contact with the cops who are ill equipped to deal with them, instead of them being treated medically and cared for by appropriate people in the right setting with lots of support.
Old May 17th 2008, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

saskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura about

Great. Canada has crazy people?
I should fit in just fine then.....
Old May 17th 2008, 6:51 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rae
i've found so far that there appears to be very little in social care for this issue. for the most part it appears they are abandoned on the street to their own devices and then consequently come into contact with the cops who are ill equipped to deal with them, instead of them being treated medically and cared for by appropriate people in the right setting with lots of support.
You can thank Ralph Klein and the Conservative Government for this.

The funding cutbacks in the early nineties absolutely devastated social programs.
Old May 17th 2008, 7:05 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
When I was in Toronto around 4 years ago near the Eaton Centre, I came across what I thought was a large woman, wearing a coat and headscarf (a la 1970's housewife). When I caught up with her beside the traffic lights 'she' turned around and had a full beard and moustache and was wearing red lippy. I looked down and just below her flowery dress 'she' had extremely manly hairy legs complete with tackity boots - I don't think he was heading to a fancy dress party either

That has to be the funniest thing i've seen in a long long time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.