How long?

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

lisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud of
Default How long?

Hello there,

Right i will start from the london expo in June 2008, we enjoyed the show and left there thinking that the move to Canada is what we want for us and our children, my husband gave out his CV and was told that he could go down the skilled Worker Route, great we thought even better,

From there we chased up the agency who said that there we two companies that would love to talk to my husband, he has since been contacted my them and one of the companies have given him two telephone interviews and we are now waiting on the date for us to go to Edmonton for the face to face interview, this should be October.

The company already has temp work visas in place as they have tried to feel the position within Canada but cant so they are now aloud to seek someone overseas.

My Questions is does anyone know how long from being offered the job as to moving out there? i know that we have to sell our house but we could rent it for a few months if we couldnt sell.

Do we have to have medicals? how long do they take? also if they already have visas in place is this going to be a quick move?

Can anyone advise us please

Thanks very much
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long?

Originally Posted by lisadd

Do we have to have medicals? how long do they take? also if they already have visas in place is this going to be a quick move?

Can anyone advise us please

Thanks very much
Medicals depends on what type of job it is. Check the wiki.

As for visas, I honestly don't think any employer in Canada is sitting on a bunch of pre-approved visas at all. Which type of visa is this?

The visa will have to be applied in YOUR name at the POE and you pay for it at POE.

Again, read the wiki.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:02 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

There certainly are some employers sitting on "pre-approved visas".

Or rather, they have obtained LMOs for a number of positions, and have been allocated a number of TWPs for those positions.

To put it simply, they just need to 'fill in the names'.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

lisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud of

Yeah thats what they have pre appoved and they said they just need to right names on!

thanks

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty

Or rather, they have obtained LMOs for a number of positions, and have been allocated a number of TWPs for those positions.

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty

Yes, pre-approved LMO's I've heard of. But they aren't visas ;-)
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

well thats what we have been told!