Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How do I physical copies of Sunday newspapers in Vancouver?

How do I physical copies of Sunday newspapers in Vancouver?

Old Jul 13th 2020, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I physical copies of Sunday newspapers in Vancouver?

Preferably delivered on a Sunday?
Old Jul 13th 2020, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I physical copies of Sunday newspapers in Vancouver?

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say the title is missing the fourth word "obtain".

Old Jul 13th 2020, 11:07 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sid nv
If I had to hazard a guess, I would say the title is missing the fourth word "obtain".
Waiting for username "Proofreader" lol.
https://www.newspapersubscriptions.c...77059&fZip=V0M
The Sun is the same deal, same price.

Last edited by caretaker; Jul 13th 2020 at 11:13 am.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 11:55 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sid nv
Being a more basic sort of bloke, I was thinking 'get'

I notice that Sunday was mentioned by the OP as if the rest of the week was okay. Either that or they want a Sunday lie-in

Where I am, there are no Sunday papers. (I assume it's a religious thing) Perhaps that's what the OP meant.

A few years ago I used to cycle downtown on Sundays to a shop that sold newspapers from many countries and come back home with the paper from Halifax, NS. At least it was semi-local. In Montreal I used to enjoy the 7 day a week Gazette.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 12:20 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Where I am, there are no Sunday papers. (I assume it's a religious thing) Perhaps that's what the OP meant.
In some big cities the Sunday edition is an extra-large thing with expanded entertainment section as well as some other things, and the extra cost is justified. I don't know if the Vancouver papers have that. Before the Globe and Mail went national it had a great Sunday edition; about an inch thick and you could spend all morning going through it. I've seen a Los Angeles paper that was similar.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 12:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
In some big cities the Sunday edition is an extra-large thing with expanded entertainment section as well as some other things, and the extra cost is justified. I don't know if the Vancouver papers have that. Before the Globe and Mail went national it had a great Sunday edition; about an inch thick and you could spend all morning going through it. I've seen a Los Angeles paper that was similar.

Like that in the UK too...then they used to have big Saturday editions too.
Interesting the G&M used to do it. I used to buy it on Saturdays and save it for the Sunday
It's not sold in the province now.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Like that in the UK too...then they used to have big Saturday editions too.
Interesting the G&M used to do it. I used to buy it on Saturdays and save it for the Sunday
It's not sold in the province now.
Wow.....I had heard that the Globe and Mail wasn't sold in Newfoundland. Physical copies of newspapers are going to be rapidly disappearing in the next few years.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 1:13 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Wow.....I had heard that the Globe and Mail wasn't sold in Newfoundland. Physical copies of newspapers are going to be rapidly disappearing in the next few years.
That's been predicted for a long time now. Long may it not happen.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Looking at their subscription options appears The Province has a Sunday issue, but the Vancouver Sun does not. (Don't confuse the Vancouver Sun with various other Sun papers they are not the same level of newspaper)

When I was a kid the Sunday paper was huge, of course it contained the regular news sections, plus all the retail flyers, coupons, entertainment, the weekly TV guide type magazine, a weekly news magazine, biggest day for classified section as well, it was so big, could take half a day for my mom to read it all...lol