Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

House Close today - NOT A GOOD START...GRRRRR

House Close today - NOT A GOOD START...GRRRRR

Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:04 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Close today - NOT A GOOD START...GRRRRR

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Honestly I am completely DONE! It is due to close any time now - they saw the error of their ways. Perhaps the Voodoo doll I made of them worked....
It is now 7.01pm. We still have no idea whether we have closed or not though are thinking that we haven't. Our Realtor is none the wiser and I can't get hold of my Solicitor to confirm it one way or the other.

So David has lost $250 by not being at work today and will loose another $250 by having to have Tuesday off. We will also loose the deposit on the hire trailer. Am so bloody mad it is untrue. I have never been SO stressed out and now I have to sit out the long weekend here, surrounded by boxes. AND I will probably find out ON Tuesday that "OH yes you did close Friday....did no-one mention it to you".
Old Aug 30th 2008, 1:18 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

It is now 7.01pm. We still have no idea whether we have closed or not though are thinking that we haven't. Our Realtor is none the wiser and I can't get hold of my Solicitor to confirm it one way or the other.

So David has lost $250 by not being at work today and will loose another $250 by having to have Tuesday off. We will also loose the deposit on the hire trailer. Am so bloody mad it is untrue. I have never been SO stressed out and now I have to sit out the long weekend here, surrounded by boxes. AND I will probably find out ON Tuesday that "OH yes you did close Friday....did no-one mention it to you".
Check your mortgage balance account online.... If it is active, you closed.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:13 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
Check your mortgage balance account online.... If it is active, you closed.
but is that enough for the realtor to handover the keys?
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:15 pm

It closed yesterday at 6.15pm. Yeah thanks Mr Solicitor for telling me that. I had to do detective work this morning and find the home phone number for one of the other Solicitors in the office and track him down that way. They don't make it easy do they?
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:26 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

It closed yesterday at 6.15pm. Yeah thanks Mr Solicitor for telling me that. I had to do detective work this morning and find the home phone number for one of the other Solicitors in the office and track him down that way. They don't make it easy do they?
Congrats Have fun unpacking
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Hoorah now breath deeply and enjoy all the hard work
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. Good to see you're not homeless.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 1:52 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

glad its all sorted for ya , have fun !! xx
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations AmyDavid.

E&J.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Phew - well done. Now then - very importantly, did you get the keys? and can you now start playing the "and-whats-in-this-box-ooh-I-forgot-all-about-that" game ??!!

What did your realtor have to say, at the end of the day (no pun intended)? Distinct lack of communication, methinks.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

That ridiculous. We're closing in 3 weeks on a house in Fall River. I hope we're not using the same solicitor as you.

Glad it all worked out for you in the end. Enjoy
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:15 pm
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Hope it's smooth all from here!