Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Home Reno Tax credit, Does it exist or not?

Home Reno Tax credit, Does it exist or not?

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:23 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Home Reno Tax credit, Does it exist or not?

How is it possible that there has been so much publicity surrounding this, but now the liberals are making this a confidence motion against the government...

How come this was not all done and dusted BEFORE the public relation barage?

Bloody politicians. I dont want to vote for any of them.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Home Reno Tax credit, Does it exist or not?

Originally Posted by iaink
How is it possible that there has been so much publicity surrounding this, but now the liberals are making this a confidence motion against the government...

There now. Here's your dolly back.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore the local government, paying attention just brings you grief.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
There now. Here's your dolly back.
If by "dolly", you mean MONEY, why thank you

Its just seems a bit bizzare that this has been such a widely publicized part of the governments economic rejuvenation strategy, but its not actually been voted through yet. What have they all been doing for the last 6 months+?

Useless, the lot of them.

But I guess it did its job, got me to spend the money anyway, so they dont care if Im screwed over it.

So I wont vote for tories for being underhand and deceitful about it, and I wont vote for the liberals if they bring down the government over this, so that leaves the greens and the NDP... not worth the bother.

Last edited by iaink; Sep 3rd 2009 at 2:34 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:31 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

It appears that it is the Conservatives that want to force the issue according to this.

Stephen Harper's Conservatives could pre-empt a Liberal attempt to bring down the government as soon as Parliament resumes by tabling a motion of confidence on the highly popular home renovation tax credit.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/...on-090309.html

Last bloody thing we need is another election at the cost of god knows how many million dollars.

However I surely would like to see the back end of Stephen Harpie.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:37 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Steve_P
It appears that it is the Conservatives that want to force the issue according to this.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/...on-090309.html

Last bloody thing we need is another election at the cost of god knows how many million dollars.

I dont really care who is triggering it.

What I seriously dont understand if how the government were able to present this as a done deal, get people to pony up thousands on the back of it, but actually it still needs to be voted on months and months later.

Can you imagine running a business like that? And I agree, another election at this point is not going to change anything at all, its just stupid posturing.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

What I seriously dont understand if how the government were able to present this as a done deal, get people to pony up thousands on the back of it, but actually it still needs to be voted on months and months later.
Just heard about this on the news this morning. Sounds incredible really. But then, maybe not
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:52 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

I dont really care who is triggering it.

Can you imagine running a business like that? And I agree, another election at this point is not going to change anything at all, its just stupid posturing.
I believe Rogers and Bell run their business along the exact same lines1: Promise something, get you to sign and contract and then screw you over!

1Legal disclaimer: Allegedly.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:53 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise it hadn't been voted through yet

Bugger...just had new carpet fitted...will have to get it taken out and the old cacky cream shagpile put back
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:55 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
I didn't realise it hadn't been voted through yet

Bugger...just had new carpet fitted...will have to get it taken out and the old cacky cream shagpile put back
Is it 'cacky cream' because it's shag??

<sorry >
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:45 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that did worry me about the ads is the following at the bottom in small white text:

The Home Renovation Tax Credit is Subject to Parliamentary approval

I'm not totally sure what that means, but in my limited understanding I take it to mean it's not officially ratified and as such it could be pulled at any time and you won't get the tax credit.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 6:28 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for posting this, you are not on your own i was under the impression this was all done, have obviously missed the fine print.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:05 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
And we're going to end up with any better from the other bunch of clowns?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

What ticks me off is that we spend (waste) - I forget - perhaps $300 million dollars to allow those total idiots in Ottawa to have the fourth election in five years and it seems there ain't much we can do about it.

Reminds me of my Dad's joke about the kid watching a party political broadcast on TV, and he says to his father "You told me that politicians lie. How can I tell which one is lying?" and his dad says "Its the one whose lips are moving."
Old Sep 4th 2009, 2:02 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Poop, we are just contracting for a garage and a deck, thought we were going to get a bit back, how can they advertise something that might not happen? :curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.