Wikiposts

Hockey!

Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hockey!

OK, I said I would start a new thread for hockey fans in the UK and in Canada - those of us waiting to move and those of us who are in Canada already.

I know there are at least three of us!

Just a thread to chat about British hockey and Canadian hockey (what teams do you watch; do you play; do your kids play etc).

There must be more than three of us who will openly admit to being hockey fans!

(Tumbleweed moment.....?)
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:32 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hockey!

They put some of the world cup matches on the telly last year, so you can get it with the right cable channel. I think Australia won and England came in fourth but you'll have to check with iaink as I seem to remember he's is a bit of a hockey nut.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:35 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I think the OP may mean hockey of the frozen water variety.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:39 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I think the OP may mean hockey of the frozen water variety.
How can you tell?
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Oink
How can you tell?
The other hockey is field hockey and then there's street hockey and maybe other varieties that I don't know about but yes, frozen water variety!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

Hi
We are huge fans of hockey, and are season ticket holders for the Nottingham Panthers Was hoping we might win the league before we left, but not a chance!
See all the home matches and travel to most of the away games as well. Can't wait to get to some more games in Canada.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nativenewyorker
Hi
We are huge fans of hockey, and are season ticket holders for the Nottingham Panthers Was hoping we might win the league before we left, but not a chance!
See all the home matches and travel to most of the away games as well. Can't wait to get to some more games in Canada.
Not as embarassing as our team... in London we have ENL (1 if we're lucky - 2 at the moment).

Following the demise of Haringey Greyhounds last year, we've had to go over to Lee Valley Lions (who can't win games in ENL2 south - the Greyhounds managed to lose almost every game last season, but they did win the one where the other team went to the wrong "Palace" - "Alexandra Palace, mate, not Crystal Palace - Norf London, not Sarf London".

Still, it has its plus side - cheap tickets. Won't get that in Canada (but then it will be on the TV at a reasonable hour).

So that's FOUR fans. Any more?!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 9:46 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen the Oilers play once and that was only cus it was a corporate frebbie...box food and booze etc.

It was mildly entertaining when they were on the ice which didnt seem very often..then they stop the game for commercial breaks on network TV..what a joke!

Give me back my beloved hammers..only thing that edmonton oilers and west ham utd share is they are both bottom of the league..so at least i can feel for the oilers.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 9:50 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a fan. It is a great game. Naturally I follow the Canucks - and I used to follow them when they were **** and I could get tickets.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 9:53 am
Binned by Muderators

Originally Posted by Kaye5
till, it has its plus side - cheap tickets. Won't get that in Canada (but then it will be on the TV at a reasonable hour).
The NHL is expensive. However, you can go and see the major junior teams. $15-$20 a ticket and a standard of hockey that is light years ahead to the English league.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

We have been here 2 months, and have seen the Cannucks twice and have tickets for 2 more games in Feb at Rogers. Don't ask me who they play against, I haven't the foggiest, we go for the atmosphere and the beer of course!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
The NHL is expensive.
Today I was in the lift when a man said "yes, I was in Detroit to see the Leafs, cheaper than seeing them here". I said I'd been to North Carolina to watch a Leaf game and that that, including air fare and hotel, was cheaper than watching them locally. And that started the other bystanders, all of whom had travelled somewhere, usually Buffalo or Detroit, to see the Leafs and none of whom had ever seen them win. Iced hockey stories are like dental stories really, it's all about who paid most to have the most miserable time.

At the amateur level it's different, then it's like boxing, a legitimate way to hurt people. I kind of resented all that getting up to be at the rink at 5am just to see the kids try to maim or blind someone. In London they can do that outside the pub at a reasonable hour. A proper Canadian parent would, of course, be more committed, would spit at the bellowing oafs on the other benches. I failed in that. No one in the outside world cares, I thought. If there's a World Cup of Iced Hockey it doesn't involve anywhere I want to go.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:46 pm
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 will become famous soon enough

I love hockey!

Does anyone know of any place i can watch hockey online?
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

I used to watch the German league (DEL). I like the St. Louis Blues and follow the Ottawa Senators a bit. Not really got into supporting a team yet. Too much else to do. (just moved and have to sort PR out in the moment) Really want to go to a junior hockey match of the Ottawa 67's tho.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:18 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dude111
I love hockey!

Does anyone know of any place i can watch hockey online?
The internet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.