Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

hmm not sure, house selling again

hmm not sure, house selling again

Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light
Default hmm not sure, house selling again

I've just received a text message from our house buyer, saying all the contracts in the chain have been signed and we are looking at completion next Friday 15th Feb.

Does this mean nothing else can I go wrong, we've had 4 completion dates since Christmas and I really want to book flights, celebrate, shout it from the roof tops etc but daren't

Can it still go wrong? or am I being a scaredy pants because we're nearly there?

Rosie
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hmm not sure, house selling again

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
I've just received a text message from our house buyer, saying all the contracts in the chain have been signed and we are looking at completion next Friday 15th Feb.

Does this mean nothing else can I go wrong, we've had 4 completion dates since Christmas and I really want to book flights, celebrate, shout it from the roof tops etc but daren't

Can it still go wrong? or am I being a scaredy pants because we're nearly there?

Rosie
If the contracts have been exchanged, it is normally ok...

You need to ask if exchange has happened.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie
Hey Rosie

The contracts have to be exchanged for it to be binding.

But I sooooo hope it all goes through for you. Its agonising I know.

All you are missing in Atlantic Canada at the moment is snow and ice and then more snow and more ice and tomorrow night we may get 30to 50cm of snow dumped on us.

So hurry up and get here, you're missing all the fun.

Last edited by pennyhp; Feb 8th 2008 at 11:22 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie
It was a few years ago that I bought my house. But from what I remember the key dates were contract exchange and completition.

Once contracts had been signed (exchanged), with an agreed date for completition, then it is very hard, to then back out, so as certain as you can be in life, you will have jumped off the UK property by the 15th, which is your completion date I assume (the date you hand the keys over and pack the removal van up)!

Last edited by live to ski; Feb 8th 2008 at 11:27 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by G586
If the contracts have been exchanged, it is normally ok...

You need to ask if exchange has happened.
Yes they have

pennyhp

Hey Rosie

The contracts have to be exchanged for it to be binding.

But I sooooo hope it all goes through for you. Its agonising I know.

All you are missing in Atlantic Canada at the moment is snow and ice and then more snow and more ice and tomorrow night we may get 30to 50cm of snow dumped on us.

So hurry up and get here, you're missing all the fun.
Can't wait, now I'm getting excited, I caught up with your blog earlier, wow you've been busy

live to ski

It was a few years ago that I bought my house. But from what I remember the key dates were contract exchange and completition.

Once contracts had been signed (exchanged), with an agreed date for completition, then it is very hard, to then back out, so as certain as you can be in life, you will have jumped off the UK property by the 15th, which is your completion date I assume (the date you hand the keys over and pack the removal van up)!
Woohoo, don't need a removal van, 4 large cases (ok very large) already packed
Looking at flights for Tuesday 19th, did I say I can't wait.

OMG its actually happening
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they have

Can't wait, now I'm getting excited, I caught up with your blog earlier, wow you've been busy

all ok then, if they back out now, it's breach of contract and you can sue!

Good luck!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G586
all ok then, if they back out now, it's breach of contract and you can sue!

Good luck!
Cheers, that's what I wanted to hear. It's been a bit of a nightmare, all the houses in the chain had agreed sales since early December, but then people started dragging their feet, but all's well or will be on the
15th
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Ride the wave, it is exhilarating; congrats and good luck
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:32 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah once exchanged it's now binding. People can still pull out, but it's very unlikely as they'll lose their deposits (you get that, at least according to our last lawyer, if the person buying yours pulls out after exchange), and you can sue them for additional expenses and damages. But yes you're 99.99% certain it'll go through. So get packing.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manghams
Ride the wave, it is exhilarating; congrats and good luck
Thanks, felt bit sick last night, didn't know whether to laugh or cry, I'll make up for it tonight loads of

Ben W Bell
Yeah once exchanged it's now binding. People can still pull out, but it's very unlikely as they'll lose their deposits (you get that, at least according to our last lawyer, if the person buying yours pulls out after exchange), and you can sue them for additional expenses and damages. But yes you're 99.99% certain it'll go through. So get packing.
We've been living out of suitcases for nearly a month now we're ready to go, OH wants to get some snowboarding in before he starts work

Rosie