British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   HI!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/hi-824046/)

rae Feb 3rd 2014 10:20 pm

HI!!

Hi all, just popped on again as Edmonton police may recruit from the UK again so thought I would give folks the heads up on that forum, and of course could not resist while I was on having a mooch. So nice to see the old faces on here still posting and still making me smile, hope the last few years have been kind to everyone and you are in good health.
I managed to move on a bit, still with EPS but got promoted, my wife got a great job in a bank, my daughter now 14 which is crazy, is doing well in pretty much everything and making the choice to come here seem very sensible. Edmonton still bloody freezing but feeling more like home, had some minor disasters with basement flooding, another visit from MIL, and dad is in poor health in UK, but apart from that things are good.
All the best, Rae.

Atlantic Xpat Feb 3rd 2014 11:47 pm

Re: HI!!

Still driving the Range Rover or did that finally expire?

Jingsamichty Feb 4th 2014 12:24 am

Good to hear from you, and glad things are working out fine.

Hope you decide to hang out a bit longer for a laugh. :)

Novocastrian Feb 4th 2014 2:01 am

Why hello again. Good to hear from you.

Oink Feb 4th 2014 2:20 am

I suppose with a 14 year old there's not much putt n' glow. Nice to see you back all the same. :thumbup:

ann m Feb 4th 2014 6:44 am

<waves - yes, I'm still on here ;)>

Good to hear you are all well. :thumbup:

Is Edmonton really ready for more Brits?! ;) :p

rae Feb 4th 2014 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat (Post 11112610)
Still driving the Range Rover or did that finally expire?

hahaha, it went before I did, just. Wow Atlantic don't ever even consider one, what a nightmare, nice to see you still around, hope all is well.

rae Feb 4th 2014 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 11112652)
Good to hear from you, and glad things are working out fine.

Hope you decide to hang out a bit longer for a laugh. :)

thanks you too. I may skulk for a little while, it's nice to touch base with people, but this addiction was hard to break, not sure I want to become a regular contributor again, bound to end in tears, just wanted to give the guys back home a heads up that it may open up again here for them to come across, have to see.

rae Feb 4th 2014 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 11112804)
Why hello again. Good to hear from you.

hey you too! nice avatar as well by the way!!!!

rae Feb 4th 2014 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11112844)
I suppose with a 14 year old there's not much putt n' glow. Nice to see you back all the same. :thumbup:

hahaha bloody putt and glow, she STILL wants to go!! better than her sitting in the park with a bottle of cider though, but only just. This is the part of ex-pats I miss, nice to hear from you, I think I am mellowing as I get older. Maybe.

rae Feb 4th 2014 8:01 am

Originally Posted by ann m (Post 11113321)
<waves - yes, I'm still on here ;)>

Good to hear you are all well. :thumbup:

Is Edmonton really ready for more Brits?! ;) :p

Hi Ann!!! things are good thanks, quite mad how many ex-cops from the UK are here now, seems the end in recruitment did not stop some, they just came across got PR then applied that way. how are things your end?

mandymoochops Feb 4th 2014 3:08 pm

Hi Rae, awesome to see you round these 'ere parts again! :thumbup:

rae Feb 5th 2014 4:59 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 11113957)
Hi Rae, awesome to see you round these 'ere parts again! :thumbup:

hi mandy, thx and nice to hear from you too, how is the cowgirl life treating you?

Oink Feb 5th 2014 6:34 am

What do you think of this story? Do you think it was right that the policeman got all that money?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...al-online.html

rae Feb 5th 2014 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11115026)
What do you think of this story? Do you think it was right that the policeman got all that money?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...al-online.html

absolutely not. things like this really annoy me, paints us all in such a bad light, the ones making the remarks and this person bringing a complaint before the court, I mean really, he can't hold his temper at a traffic stop, then storms out of work because he is getting well deserved stick. if he had copped to it (no pun) admitted his mistake and apologised he would have been disciplined and then learned to laugh at it in time with his peers. but then again that's a reasonable person which clearly he is not.

as for those making the comments, if it got out of hand then clearly that is unacceptable, but from what I have seen it's nothing more than a mickey take at his expense, hardly the racist, sexist or homophobic abuse that one would connect with this kind of payout.

in short makes a laughing stock out of us in the job.