British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   He's baaaaccckkkk..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/hes-baaaaccckkkk-822459/)

Oakvillian May 1st 2014 2:17 pm

Re: He's baaaaccckkkk.....

So, it seems it's all come to a head (again). Smoking crack in his sister's basement, managing to combine misogyny, homophobia and racism into one drunken rant in a public bar, and - finally - acknowledging that he needs to rehab.

Ford's taking a "leave of absence" of unspecified length. The saddest thing is that there still appear to be people in Toronto who would encourage him to come back to the mayoral race later in the year, and there's still at least a chance that if he does that he'll be re-elected. The man's a disgrace to humanity, a shit of the highest order, and his enabling family and friends ought to be much more deeply ashamed of themselves then they have acknowledged.

magnumpi May 1st 2014 2:25 pm

Any comments regarding Gas plant Wynne the "Billion dollar woman" (or not as she denies even knowing what TF happened as she had her head in the sand)

As for RF

This is a brilliant PR move that can only strengthen his grip on Toronto, he can come back clean and fresh and bam!!!! Voted back in Lol

Paul_Shepherd May 1st 2014 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Oakvillian (Post 11242342)
So, it seems it's all come to a head (again). Smoking crack in his sister's basement, managing to combine misogyny, homophobia and racism into one drunken rant in a public bar, and - finally - acknowledging that he needs to rehab.

Ford's taking a "leave of absence" of unspecified length. The saddest thing is that there still appear to be people in Toronto who would encourage him to come back to the mayoral race later in the year, and there's still at least a chance that if he does that he'll be re-elected. The man's a disgrace to humanity, a shit of the highest order, and his enabling family and friends ought to be much more deeply ashamed of themselves then they have acknowledged.

Yes i have to say, when i heard that this morning, i couldnt believe it, i should of but didnt, I didnt think anyone could be that stupid! and as you and many say.....there is a chance of his re election! Especially after the going into rehab apparently seeing the light and getting clean....people will end up falling for that rubbish!! Maybe the whole thing is part of a bigger plan!

Its a joke. He is a joke...and hes making Toronto look a joke.

Oink May 1st 2014 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 11242485)
Yes i have to say, when i heard that this morning, i couldnt believe it, i should of but didnt, I didnt think anyone could be that stupid! and as you and many say.....there is a chance of his re election! Especially after the going into rehab apparently seeing the light and getting clean....people will end up falling for that rubbish!! Maybe the whole thing is part of a bigger plan!

Its a joke. He is a joke...and hes making Toronto look a joke.

I wouldn't blame Rob Ford for that one.

But anyway, I hope he dries out for a bit and then comes back and crushes the opposition in the election. Toronto needs Rob Ford, Canada needs Rob Ford, we all need Rob Ford. :thumbup:

magnumpi May 1st 2014 5:16 pm

Premier Ford has a catchy ring to the name ehh, or Prime Minister Ford, be careful what ya wish for Oinkey

Oink May 1st 2014 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 11242521)
Premier Ford has a catchy ring to the name ehh, or Prime Minister Ford, be careful what ya wish for Oinkey

He should be your president. Would love it. :fingerscrossed:

caretaker May 1st 2014 6:05 pm

Sandy could sit in the mayor's chair while he's gone, just to keep an eye on the store.

Paul_Shepherd May 1st 2014 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11242494)
I wouldn't blame Rob Ford for that one.

But anyway, I hope he dries out for a bit and then comes back and crushes the opposition in the election. Toronto needs Rob Ford, Canada needs Rob Ford, we all need Rob Ford. :thumbup:

Well yes from a point of view of entertainment and livening up Canadian politics......but joking aside a crack smoking, alcoholic mayor who continuously makes a fool of himself in public? surely is a laughing stock and terrible "role model" what ever your opinion of Toronto and Canada is?

Oink May 2nd 2014 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 11242886)
Well yes from a point of view of entertainment and livening up Canadian politics......but joking aside a crack smoking, alcoholic mayor who continuously makes a fool of himself in public? surely is a laughing stock and terrible "role model" what ever your opinion of Toronto and Canada is?

He brings a bit of class to the place.

Paul_Shepherd May 2nd 2014 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11243052)
He brings a bit of class to the place.

Yes although it does depend on the individual's definition of what class is.

If you mean comedy, then yes he would rival the Benny Hill show! :D
He is a class comedy act that's for sure!

Oink May 2nd 2014 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 11243054)
Yes although it does depend on the individual's definition of what class is.

If you mean comedy, then yes he would rival the Benny Hill show! :D
He is a class comedy act that's for sure!

The Canadian government bought an out-of-date second-hand leaky submarine. That explains everything about this country. Rob Ford is the most interesting thing that's happened to the country in 45 years.

London Mike May 4th 2014 3:07 am

What's the longest river in Africa called?
The Nile
Ford is deluding himself along with Ford Nation (****, I ****ing hate that term) if he thinks he can recover from a serious substance abuse problem in 30 days and then return to a mayoral race. Arrogance and delusion, the worst cocktail.

JamesM May 4th 2014 3:09 am

Originally Posted by London Mike (Post 11245097)
What's the longest river in Africa called?
The Nile
Ford is deluding himself along with Ford Nation (****, I ****ing hate that term) if he thinks he can recover from a serious substance abuse problem in 30 days and then return to a mayoral race. Arrogance and delusion, the worst cocktail.

Welcome back.

London Mike May 4th 2014 3:15 am

Good to be back mate, let's get a drink soon James

Oakvillian May 7th 2014 5:34 pm

So, do the assembled sages of BE think that Ford is actually in a rehab program? Everything that has been said or written about the supposed "football camp" atmosphere, his outbound phonecalls to colleagues and constituents, even a media interview, all scream that this is not a man serious about getting himself sorted out.

One comment from somebody even more cynical than myself suggested that he's running short of campaign cash and this is a really good way to step away from the election campaign for a couple of months to save money.

Whatever's going on, if he's not in a proper program then he's insulting not only the voters, but all those who are, really, facing the demons of their own addiction. I don't want to know where he is, but some independent (i.e. not his brother's) corroboration that he is actually undergoing inpatient treatment would help to clarify the situation...

Magnum, can't you do a bit of unpaid freelance work and track him down for us? :p