Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Heritage Pointe Calgary

Heritage Pointe Calgary

Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice
Default Heritage Pointe Calgary

Hi There
We are just thinking of moving to Calgary area and are looking at Heritage pointe and priddis greens. Does anyone out there live in either one,that could tell me if they are nice family communities.
many thanks
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Heritage Pointe Calgary

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
Hi There
We are just thinking of moving to Calgary area and are looking at Heritage pointe and priddis greens. Does anyone out there live in either one,that could tell me if they are nice family communities.
many thanks
Hi
I don't have personal experience of either one, they are both upmarket places and both look very nice from just driving by.
Heritage Pointe is a sub division ( housing estate) and, i would say, more for families as it is centered around a lake and would have all the amenities that that brings. There is also a new k-9 school that serves the area, although it is a bus/car ride away.
It is also really conveniently located, as it's 10 mins each way between the south end of Calgary and Okotoks.

Priddis is about 20-30mins drive (maybe 40 mins on a dark snowy night) out to the south west of Calgary and is more rural. It is lovely there and every time we drive out that way i think to myself 'wouldn't it be nice to live here?' It is how i pictured living in Canada.

Both equally nice but both different. It would depend a lot on your own preferences and needs.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Thank you for your thoughts on Heritage > Priddis, i too had the same opinions,and just torn between the two places,as each offer some thing that the other one does'nt have. I suppose we need to go back out there and have a chat with the locals...maybe that would help me!

thanks again
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Ranjeet2217 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We moved to Lake at Heritage Pointe June 2007 and are very pleased with the neighbourhood. What attracted us to the neighbouthood was the lot sizes (compared to houses in Calgary) and the proximity to Calgary, Somerset is only 10 minutes away for all your shopping and grocery needs. Feels like we are away from the city but not too far.

Locally the village centre is now complete with Restaurent, Gas Station and other small business which is very convinient. I have attached a link to the Community website.......which has information in regards to the Beach house, schools and the Gold course. Overall very nice community and i would recommend it and there are alot of young families.

http://www.heritagelake.ca/community/lake/index.php

Ranjeet
Old Nov 13th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you very much for the info on Heritage Pointe,that has been a great help. I more or less made my mind up yesterday on that area.We have two dogs and currently live on an acerage outside of Sylvan lake.In the past week and a half i have spent $1,200 on vets bills,due to country living ie one was full of quills yesterday and needed surgery. So i would be glad to get into a nice community with what feels like a little country living!
We looked at a couple of houses last week,and i like the Isle side,that backs onto the green space or the trees.We will probably come down that way again in the next couple of weeks and check it out a little more.

thanks again
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Not a problem, we live in the Isle side of the community (Heritage Isle). Its a nice area and looking forward to when all the construction is finished. Good luck with the relocation and hopefully you will be our neighbour soon.

By the way i am from Bedfordshire and been in Canada for two years after spending six years in the States.

Ranjeet
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi again

oh thats nice to know you live in that area too!
Maybe we will soon be neighbours.....
So in the 2yrs you have been in Canada,have you made alot of friends from around the area and the UK?
Do you have any children?
I have one boy who is almost 11yrs old,i think he should make lots of friends around that area.Especailly while skating on the lakes etc..should be great!
talk to you soon
and look forward to meeting you
Old Nov 14th 2008, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

We are part of a BritMeetup group with over 80 members, we get together on a monthly basis at local pubs and restaurents. Its a good way to meet new people and out off the group we have made some good friends who live near by. If you would like i could forward you the deatils of our meetup group.

I am sure that your boy will find it easy to make friends in the neighbourhood, we dont have any kids yet

Ranjeet
Old Nov 14th 2008, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There
many thanks
Hi Cumbrian Lass,

We live further down the road from Heritage in Okotoks but have driven around Heritage many times and it always strikes us as a very nice community indeed. We have eaten at the restaurant that Ranjeet mentions and found that rather nice. You are superbly positioned there for access to Calgary with the shops in Shawnessy and the Southcentre Mall and at 130th Ave all within very easy reach. And the delights of Okotoks just down the road from you too!

As another respondent has suggested, Priddis is indeed a different proposition, absolutely lovely, but more rural and in our view, not quite such easy access to Calgary (if that is important to you???)

Both really nice areas though.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Ranjeet

That would be awsome if you could put me in touch with the Brit meet up group. Thats a great idea and very excited to get our house listed and buy a house in Heritage.My husband works 10 mins away from Heritage and i sent him off viewing this morning....he is very impressed with the area too! cant wait to meet you all!

sharon
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Getting There!

I spoke to you a while back regarding Okotoks and Cochrane lakes. We came down your way last weekend for a flying visit,and to try and sus out where we wanted to be. We finally came across Heritage Pointe which we both love,and think it will be a great community for our son to grow up in. So i think that is where we are going to go. I do love the little town of Okotoks....cannot wait to see it at xmas,its lovely and quaint. I loved some of the air ranch houses,but not near an landing strip LOL!
Must meet you and your wife some day after we move down there.

Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Getting There!

I spoke to you a while back regarding Okotoks and Cochrane lakes. We came down your way last weekend for a flying visit,and to try and sus out where we wanted to be. We finally came across Heritage Pointe which we both love,and think it will be a great community for our son to grow up in. So i think that is where we are going to go. I do love the little town of Okotoks....cannot wait to see it at xmas,its lovely and quaint. I loved some of the air ranch houses,but not near an landing strip LOL!
Must meet you and your wife some day after we move down there.

As per the PM just sent, you'll be more than welcome.

E&J.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again

oh thats nice to know you live in that area too!
Maybe we will soon be neighbours.....
So in the 2yrs you have been in Canada,have you made alot of friends from around the area and the UK?
Do you have any children?
I have one boy who is almost 11yrs old,i think he should make lots of friends around that area.Especailly while skating on the lakes etc..should be great!
talk to you soon
and look forward to meeting you
If you are used to acreage living, then Priddis over Heritage Point would suit you best. Most of Priddis is within very easy access of Highway 22X, which, in my view, gives just as good access to Calgary as Heritage Point would. If you will be heading to the Rockies regularly, then 22X is ideal for skirting round the southwest corner of the City.

Priddis is not too far away from where I am, and we are looking forward to a day when we can move there as, in my opinion, within Calgary and surrounding areas, it offers the best compromise of acreage and city living.

My two penneth
Old Nov 15th 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi There

Yes thank you for your two penneth....every little bit helps!

I think we have decided that we are not going to go for country living for a little while. We have two hunting dogs,and they have cost us a fortune while living out in the country. In a week and a half our vets bill was $1,200. With one thing and another and then a porcupine the other day.....i have had enough!!! so i think Heritage is our future home......

Old Nov 15th 2008, 11:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There

Yes thank you for your two penneth....every little bit helps!

I think we have decided that we are not going to go for country living for a little while. We have two hunting dogs,and they have cost us a fortune while living out in the country. In a week and a half our vets bill was $1,200. With one thing and another and then a porcupine the other day.....i have had enough!!! so i think Heritage is our future home......

As the Americans say "dogs will hunt, y'all". Shouldn't it be that, if you want to keep hunting dogs, you should live in the country rather than try to make the dogs adapt to a suburb?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.