Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Help please, oil line is hit any ideas

Help please, oil line is hit any ideas

Old Jan 2nd 2009, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please, oil line is hit any ideas

Originally Posted by purple80
Oh my god what a terrible time your having, I hope everything gets resolved, and that they don't have to demolish your house. You seem to have had so many problems.

Sending you Karma and hoping that it all gets sorted quickly!

Charlie x
Thanks Charlie, we were on a deadline of Valentines day to get the house on the market,
Not sure now as the build has been put on hold

Begining to wish we had never started this work
Hope all is well with you and yours and a Happy new Year
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 1:55 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Thanks Charlie, we were on a deadline of Valentines day to get the house on the market,
Not sure now as the build has been put on hold

Begining to wish we had never started this work
Hope all is well with you and yours and a Happy new Year
Happy New Year to you as well.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:07 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Sue.....thats terrible, what a start to the new year for you and your family...fingers, toes and everything else crossed you get some good news for a change....Karma and tonnes of hugs sent ..xxxxx
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

That really doesn't sound good!

May the fleas of 1000 camels infest the armpits and groin of those builders and the company that have washed their hands.....

There could be some very itchy people out there

Seriously though, I hope it gets sorted for you.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
OMG Sue.....thats terrible, what a start to the new year for you and your family...fingers, toes and everything else crossed you get some good news for a change....Karma and tonnes of hugs sent ..xxxxx
Thanks FK

Originally Posted by LotteW
That really doesn't sound good!

May the fleas of 1000 camels infest the armpits and groin of those builders and the company that have washed their hands.....

There could be some very itchy people out there

Seriously though, I hope it gets sorted for you.
That made me chuckle cheers Lotte
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:03 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot

Called the company and they basically were very rude and told me they weren't accepting any responsability and wouldn't even come and look until next week, i said i had young children here it was-4 and had no heating as i needed to get the oil line fixed, said that was my problem
I don't suppose their liability insurance would let them accept responsibility (yet!). Sounds like a complete nightmare. Hope you get it all sorted soon.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

sheesh but you've been in for a rough ride.

best of luck - is there anything we can do to help?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by acer rose
I don't suppose their liability insurance would let them accept responsibility (yet!). Sounds like a complete nightmare. Hope you get it all sorted soon.
I understand what you are saying about accepting responsability, it was actually his attitude that upset me and the fact he wouldn't come out to look or to repair let alone the environmental responsability they have, especially having paid them thousands only 2 days before

Originally Posted by Caitilin
sheesh but you've been in for a rough ride.

best of luck - is there anything we can do to help?
Aw thanks Caitilin nothing anyone can do really at the moment until all hell lets loose on monday when they all turn up to start excavating etc
Just had a call from our insurance guy, He said not to let anyone touch anything untill they get the piling company here on monday morning
Oh what fun, looks like they are going to dig out the cellar ? that will be interesting I told OH he may get his home cinema yet

Just hope that they sort it without resorting to major structural work or worse
Thanks for your offer just keep your fingers toes and everything else crossed
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

I'll walk funny today, but consider everything crossed!
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Caitilin
I'll walk funny today, but consider everything crossed!

hope you don't get too many strange looks
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

I dunno, tell you after work today ;-)
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A quick update,

Well it has been so strange having all these men at my beck and call today

Samples have been taken, they have checked all the waterways around the house, and are digging bore holes as we speak,

I am still here they haven't told us to get packed up, they are monitoring the air inside for fumes if it gets to 5 we need to move out apparently wonder if the savoy has any rooms

The only people who didn't show was the company that did the damage

Only a couple of people here now and the envionmental people are happy that everything is being done to contain the oil, it looks like it has possibly gone down through the clay only hope its not in the cellar, they are going to bore some holes in the house as the leak was on the corner of the house by the boiler room,

when they have finished there report and decide what action to take we will know more,
in the meantime the build is on hold oh and they are going to put some electric sump or something in poss a few so they can flter the water that is continually running around the house about a metre below the soil ?

It was freezing out there this morning and the snow didn't help still being surrounded by lovely men made up for it