Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Hawaii Welcomes Canadian's effective Sept 1

Hawaii Welcomes Canadian's effective Sept 1

Old Aug 3rd 2020, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hawaii Welcomes Canadian's effective Sept 1

Hawaii has had a 14 day quarantine in place for a few months for all visitors to Hawaii, September 1st they plan to permit some tourists to visit without quarantine including Canadian's. (date is subject to change)

But there are some rules to follow to avoid the 14 day quarantine which does make travel a bit more complicated.

- Passengers must get a COVID test with a negative result within 72 hours of departure.
- Those without a proof of a negative test result will be subject to quarantine still.
- The US border is not restricted when it comes to air travel for Canadian's departing a Canadian airport (provided they have not been to the UK, Iran, China, and Schengen Zone within the previous 14 days)

"A lot of Canadians don't know they are allowed to travel by air to the United States," said Montreal-based travel expert Ricky Zhang."

Air Canada and Westjet both set to resume flights to Hawaii in early September.

And there appears to be at least 1 Canadian travel insurance provider who will cover COVID related travel issues.

Article here with more details.

Old Aug 3rd 2020, 9:15 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hawaii Welcomes Canadian's effective Sept 1

My husband told me last week that he was going to start working from home...and we were moving to Jamaica! Yes I did realize he was joking, but there do seem to be a number of countries which are trying to pull in families with the ability to shift, and certainly if I could, I might...
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 11:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
My husband told me last week that he was going to start working from home...and we were moving to Jamaica! Yes I did realize he was joking, but there do seem to be a number of countries which are trying to pull in families with the ability to shift, and certainly if I could, I might...
Barbados is offering a 1 year permit for anyone who moves there and can work remotely Tempting!
Barbados launches one-year working visa giving foreigners right to live and work remotely during pandemic
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bar...d-19-1.5664283
Old Aug 4th 2020, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Barbados is offering a 1 year permit for anyone who moves there and can work remotely Tempting!

I wish... bit complicated in my job... I'll just live vicariously through all of you...
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Hawaii is my go to place if I ever win the lotto.

Back in the early 00's the healthcare companies over there used to run ad's in California on TV trying to recruit nurses to move to Hawaii, I think at the time (maybe still?) they had a major nursing shortage, probably were not paying sufficiently high wages to live 3,000 miles from the mainland and paying Hawaii prices, food ain't cheap there.

Old Aug 4th 2020, 11:51 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

I saw that. It's an attractive thought as I can work remotely but kids and schools & the Mrs's job as a teacher are a bit of a problem. Plus Hurricane Season etc.
There's been talk here of attracting people to Newfoundland in a similar fashion - work remotely, live here in the clean air etc. Just don't talk about the weather.....