Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Has anyone else noticed...

Has anyone else noticed...

Old May 11th 2007, 9:08 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone else noticed...

Originally Posted by Robski
The problem is obvious, your poor wee truck is getting lonely, and thinks you dont love him the way you dont let him rest next to his friends, so as soon as you leave he invites some buddies over to join him. Simple.

Doh, no, now they know the real me, they will never let me in.....

Running off... must take tablets... must drink more...
Robski you have clearly been overdoing it lately!!!!!!!!!!!!! What has Whistler let itself in for????????
Old May 12th 2007, 1:26 am
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise033
that it doesn't matter where you park you car in any given parking lot, some berk will always park right next to you!

Whenever I use a parking lot, I tend to make sure I park my truck on its own, preferably not near any other vehicle or lone shopping cart - it always amazes me that upon return to said truck, there will, 99% of the time, be someone parked right next to me.

I am not one to be vying for a space close to the door, in fact because of my parking quirk, I tend to end up in the spot furthest from the entrance.

I never noticed this sheep like behaviour in the UK - what's going on???????
LOL we had the temerity one time in the UK to park just under a full doors width close to a vehicle (the ONLY space left in the ridiculously full car park) and when we got back someone had gone to the trouble of writing a nice sarcastic note to the effect of 'couldn't park much closer could you?'... I was quite miffed because we had tried so hard to be as far away as was possible in the micro spaces that pass for car parking spots in the UK... you could always try that option?
Old May 12th 2007, 4:08 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

...pretended that they didn't understand what we were saying!
Believe me if you said trolley they weren't pretending they didn't understand.

They really didn't.

Until this moment I wouldn't have known what you were on about.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:13 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

that it doesn't matter where you park you car in any given parking lot, some berk will always park right next to you!
Parking your vehicle as far away from others as possible is an open invitation to said "berk" to park next to you just to get your goat, and it works.

Accept the fact that it's just a vehicle, it is going to get parking lot rash and park with the rest of us.
Old May 12th 2007, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Robski you have clearly been overdoing it lately!!!!!!!!!!!!! What has Whistler let itself in for????????
I believe the Whistlerites were planning on running to the hills for cover, but then they realised they were already there
Old May 12th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I use a parking lot, I tend to make sure I park my truck on its own, preferably not near any other vehicle or lone shopping cart - it always amazes me that upon return to said truck, there will, 99% of the time, be someone parked right next to me.

I am not one to be vying for a space close to the door, in fact because of my parking quirk, I tend to end up in the spot furthest from the entrance.

I spoke to someone else about this thing, he said that some people prefer parking next to others because of thieves. Apparently cars sat on their own are more of a target than groups of cars. Can't corroborate this information but it seem a reasonable assumption.
Old May 13th 2007, 2:23 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

You know what happens if you just stand still in a public place and just look up? Others will start looking up to see what you're looking at.
Same thing with parking your car away from all others - somebody'll think you know something that makes this a better spot than the others, and because they don't want to lose out, they'll park right next to you.

That's my theory, anyway.

Old May 13th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wannabe
You know what happens if you just stand still in a public place and just look up? Others will start looking up to see what you're looking at.
Same thing with parking your car away from all others - somebody'll think you know something that makes this a better spot than the others, and because they don't want to lose out, they'll park right next to you.

That's my theory, anyway.
That may happen in Norway but that theory won't stand in Canada.

I reckon the thief theory fits best, shall I do a poll?
Old May 13th 2007, 7:28 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I guess I'm catching the lingo too, then - because I read straight past parking lot and shopping cart and didn't bat an eyelid!
Me too and I don't even live there, maybe I've been watching too much Canadian TV

Last edited by or4ngecrush; May 13th 2007 at 7:28 pm. Reason: spelling
Old May 14th 2007, 3:35 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

That used to happen to me in the UK too and did you notice it was always a beige Ford Sierra with a roof rack welded by rust on the top?