Halifax Weather

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

dippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant future
Default Halifax Weather

I have been keeping an eye on the weather in Halifax via their webcams in the waterfront area. Its looks 'foggy' again today and appears to have been very poor for most of June! Anyone there who can confirm?

I tried to move to Halifax late last year but pulled out at the last minute due family issues..... we were there last August for a couple of weeks and the weather was superb..... not so this summer by the looks of it!

Paul
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:44 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halifax Weather

It has been awful for the last 4 weeks, since we arrived really, except for 3/4 days where it has been blue sky and sunny, we are still waiting for summer to arrive
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dippy
I have been keeping an eye on the weather in Halifax via their webcams in the waterfront area. Its looks 'foggy' again today and appears to have been very poor for most of June! Anyone there who can confirm?

I tried to move to Halifax late last year but pulled out at the last minute due family issues..... we were there last August for a couple of weeks and the weather was superb..... not so this summer by the looks of it!

Paul

the fog hasn't lifted at all today and it's cold enough tonight to have heating on. Photo taken around 6 pm earlier today. Everything is wet and soggy - rain and fog forecast to continue for the next 10 days - lots of bugs around still too
Attached Thumbnails Halifax Weather-img_0550.jpg  
Old Jul 4th 2009, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
the fog hasn't lifted at all today and it's cold enough tonight to have heating on. Photo taken around 6 pm earlier today. Everything is wet and soggy - rain and fog forecast to continue for the next 10 days - lots of bugs around still too
thick fog this morning has given way to torrential rain, which is sad as they are having the Virgin Festival in the open air at Citadel Hill later today
It's now free as one of the top acts pulled out at the last minute
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Judging if the climate is ok for you to live by people's verdict of the the last week in one year is probably not the best test.

Try:

http://www.climate.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/
Old Jul 4th 2009, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

dippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant futuredippy has a brilliant future

I have been to Halifax quite regularly since about 2003. I only posted because it seemed to be odd to have what seems to have been a long period of overcast weather at this time of year!

I'm a bit of a sad git who looks at the halifaxwebcam every day!! I guess you could take from that where I would like to be!! I have Canadian citizenship so I can be patient and wait until all the family things line up before contemplating a move again!! Father was born in Somerset NS and grandfather is buried near Berwick. Thats why we have an annual pilgrimage!

We are 'landing' my better half at some point soon as her PR was granted earlier this year. We will then see how to make the move happen.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dippy
I have been to Halifax quite regularly since about 2003. I only posted because it seemed to be odd to have what seems to have been a long period of overcast weather at this time of year!

I'm a bit of a sad git who looks at the halifaxwebcam every day!! I guess you could take from that where I would like to be!! I have Canadian citizenship so I can be patient and wait until all the family things line up before contemplating a move again!! Father was born in Somerset NS and grandfather is buried near Berwick. Thats why we have an annual pilgrimage!

We are 'landing' my better half at some point soon as her PR was granted earlier this year. We will then see how to make the move happen.

We've been here 4 years now and this is the wettest, foggiest weather we've had yet for this time of year. Expect the fog in May/June but not in July Had torrential rain again this morning - I posted a couple of photo's earlier as it is unbelievably grey and overcast. It doesn't look good for the next 10 days either. I kept geraniums going over winter inside, but they are now dying outside due to lack of sun
It does depend on where in NS you live though - I know from friends who live in the Valley that weather has been much better there than here in Halifax.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:00 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

One assumes that on the fabled North Shore, it is wall to wall sunshine as normal?

I think we stole your spring here in Newfoundland. June has been dry and sunny. Even today when it was supposed to be raining we've had sunny periods and 23C temps.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

I too admit to an almost daily checking of the webcams in Halifax and also Digby in the valley, a place which really appealed to us. It does generally seem to be brighter in the valley than in Halifax. I also noticed that April and May seemed better in NS than I was experiencing at home but June and first week of July have been much warmer and sunnier in the UK.

Just checked now and no fog in Halifax for now, but looks pretty grey and overcast, Digby there is mostly blue sky and people are eating at the outside tables!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:13 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
One assumes that on the fabled North Shore, it is wall to wall sunshine as normal?
Only because it's sprinkled with Pixie dust.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:34 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

The weather definately blows chunks at the moment. I am freezing tonight - it's like we skipped Summer and are now at the tail end of Autumn!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

So there you have it in a nutshell. If you want to be close to UK expect UK weather.
I heard from a client yesterday that his hometown, Red Deer, had temps of plus 5 with hailstones!!!!

Meanwhile in the sunny Okanagan we had rain forecast for Mon thru Wed, well on Monday it may have drizzled a bit, then today it spotted a few times and Fri /Sat it's back to 30 degrees as last week.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:38 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
So there you have it in a nutshell. If you want to be close to UK expect UK weather.
I heard from a client yesterday that his hometown, Red Deer, had temps of plus 5 with hailstones!!!!

Meanwhile in the sunny Okanagan we had rain forecast for Mon thru Wed, well on Monday it may have drizzled a bit, then today it spotted a few times and Fri /Sat it's back to 30 degrees as last week.
Goodness with temps like that I may move back...
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Goodness with temps like that I may move back...

just heard there is a frost warning for NS tonight
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:26 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

just heard there is a frost warning for NS tonight
I just heard on the radio , good job we just got our first oil delivery today, although dont talk about the cost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.