halifax, nova scotia

Old Mar 31st 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

izie71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default halifax, nova scotia

Hello! We have arrived!!! Halifax is fab and people are sooo welcoming! We have landed on our feet staying at this great b&B in town called The Verandah... if any of you guys need a safe affordable place to stay when you come to Halifax this is your baby...
For all those waiting...believe us, it is worth waiting for... have no doubts Canada is a home away from home as far as I am concerned (and we have only been here four days!!!).
Keep the faith all of you. Canada rocks...
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice
Default Re: halifax, nova scotia

Hi & Welcome - glad to hear you have arrived safely & so far you think it rocks !

Where are you from, are you on PR and what do you do job wise.

There is a meet up this Sat at Saltys in Halifax, may be useful to find some contacts etc.etc..

Michelle
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:37 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izie71
Hello! We have arrived!!! Halifax is fab and people are sooo welcoming! We have landed on our feet staying at this great b&B in town called The Verandah... if any of you guys need a safe affordable place to stay when you come to Halifax this is your baby...
For all those waiting...believe us, it is worth waiting for... have no doubts Canada is a home away from home as far as I am concerned (and we have only been here four days!!!).
Keep the faith all of you. Canada rocks...
Hi there and welcome to Halifax - we made it snow for you, just so it makes your first weeks here even more magical...!

Glad you are loving it here - it only gets better!

A x
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

izie71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you mumof2 for invite for this saturday... we will try as we would love to hear and learn more about the place. We have two young children (7 & 5) so do you think this is a children-friendly event?
I am originally from Portugal and my husband is English but we have lived in NZ for the last 7 years we are here on a TWP as this was the quickest way to get into the country...Stephen is working in Halifax at the Halifax Health Centre as he is an Osteopath. I am still a lady of leisure as we have been here five days only! Loving it!
We both will try to make it on Saturday (what time, do you know?).
Cheers all,
Isabel
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:58 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izie71
Thank you mumof2 for invite for this saturday... we will try as we would love to hear and learn more about the place. We have two young children (7 & 5) so do you think this is a children-friendly event?
I am originally from Portugal and my husband is English but we have lived in NZ for the last 7 years we are here on a TWP as this was the quickest way to get into the country...Stephen is working in Halifax at the Halifax Health Centre as he is an Osteopath. I am still a lady of leisure as we have been here five days only! Loving it!
We both will try to make it on Saturday (what time, do you know?).
Cheers all,
Isabel
All the info is in this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593058
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

Hi Isabel,

As AmyDavid has posted the link, please add your nos. to the list for Emma.

I have 2 children & sure everyone is taking her children along as well so there should be quite a few to entertain each other.

Looking forward to meeting you & everyone else, should be fun

Michelle xx
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:05 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have fun, glad to hear that you are loving it in NS, we arrive in 10 weeks, so look forward to perhaps catching you sometime, we have children 6 and 2