Haircut - Calgary

Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

beautiful050278 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Haircut - Calgary

So, we have been in Calgary 3 months now and I think its time I had my haircut (and higlights). My OH took my son to have his done few weeks ago and it was a dissaster! As you can immagine this doesnt fill me with confidence.
I have asked few Brits I know in the area and all they said to me was, well let us know if you find one as we havent been able to ???

Can anyone suggest a good hairdresser, maybe S.E. of Calgary? Saying that I would be happy to travel anywhere in Calgary

Thank you
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:35 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haircut - Calgary

Originally Posted by beautiful050278
So, we have been in Calgary 3 months now and I think its time I had my haircut (and higlights). My OH took my son to have his done few weeks ago and it was a dissaster! As you can immagine this doesnt fill me with confidence.
I have asked few Brits I know in the area and all they said to me was, well let us know if you find one as we havent been able to ???

Can anyone suggest a good hairdresser, maybe S.E. of Calgary? Saying that I would be happy to travel anywhere in Calgary

Thank you
In Calgary? Please post the before and after pictures.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oink
In Calgary? Please post the before and after pictures.
Ha, I know that would make your day.

But no can do !!!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
I have to admit that I don't notice a huge difference with the haircuts worn by Mr. and Mrs. Average in Canada or England. If that is the case, where do the locals go to have their hair cut?
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I have to admit that I don't notice a huge difference with the haircuts worn by Mr. and Mrs. Average in Canada or England. If that is the case, where do the locals go to have their hair cut?
It is the colour more than the cut that worries me (bleaching etc. . .) I think the women would know what I am talking about
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

It is the colour more than the cut that worries me (bleaching etc. . .) I think the women would know what I am talking about
Oh, OK. I am not old enough to require my hair to be dyed.

Pictures that would show the amazing difference between what's available either side of the Atlantic would be appreciated
Old Jun 15th 2012, 4:43 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

This is one of my Wifes worries when she joins me over here. She found a Toni & Guy's in Toronto though so chances are it'll be an hour and a half trip there every now and then to have her hair done. I'm not too fussed as there is a bar next door so I can wait for her in there I'm not sure if there is a Toni & guy in Calgary though.

My hair - easy. 15 bucks from some local barber with a hacksaw and pair of garden shears works for me. I can't see my hair so not too fussed on how it looks !

I did find this thread though - might be a bit old

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500978
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Oh, OK. I am not old enough to require my hair to be dyed.

Pictures that would show the amazing difference between what's available either side of the Atlantic would be appreciated
Age has nothing to do with hair colouring anymore lol
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Animal
This is one of my Wifes worries when she joins me over here. She found a Toni & Guy's in Toronto though so chances are it'll be an hour and a half trip there every now and then to have her hair done. I'm not too fussed as there is a bar next door so I can wait for her in there I'm not sure if there is a Toni & guy in Calgary though.

My hair - easy. 15 bucks from some local barber with a hacksaw and pair of garden shears works for me. I can't see my hair so not too fussed on how it looks !

I did find this thread though - might be a bit old

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500978

Thanks for the link, great help

Might be booking my app at the Shear Dazzle in Shawnessy!!!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

With over a million residents having lived in Calgary for god knows how many years you think that hairdressing is new to the place and that nobody who cuts hair has been trained to cut it unless they were previously british or trained by a brit as brits have a monopoly on how to cut hair
Difference between a good or a bad haircut is about 3 weeks unless you really feel the need to have multicoloured hair.
Notice its always the women complaining about hairdressers
Old Jun 15th 2012, 9:30 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I can really help you, but I do understand that it can be difficult to find a stylist that you are comfortable with, here or in the UK.

For years I went Jerome's salon which is downtown and it is on the expensive side. I avoid going downtown, as much as possible, so when I had to find another hairdresser in a hurry I went to Angles in Strathcona. I have finally got him trained on how I like my hair to be coloured. Angles have shops throughout the city, including the SE, so you may want visit one of them and have a consultation. You might luck out and find someone you like. http://www.angleshair.ca/locations.php

When I was living in Oakville, I had a tough time finding a good hairdresser. So whenever I saw someone with a good hairdo I would just approach them and ask them who did their hair. I always got a positive response and did find a great hairdresser. Good luck

P.S Men will never understand women and their hairdos. Have been working on HID for many years and he is a lost cause. Just had a nice cut and colour today and returned home, expecting to be greeted with a "wow your hair looks great", only to be completely ignored. Apparently, it was a critical point in the England match. He is trying to be all lovey dovey now, but I told him to "think on" as the window of opportunity had passed.

Last edited by lf1; Jun 15th 2012 at 9:34 pm. Reason: Adding link
Old Jun 15th 2012, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I don't know if I can really help you, but I do understand that it can be difficult to find a stylist that you are comfortable with, here or in the UK.

For years I went Jerome's salon which is downtown and it is on the expensive side. I avoid going downtown, as much as possible, so when I had to find another hairdresser in a hurry I went to Angles in Strathcona. I have finally got him trained on how I like my hair to be coloured. Angles have shops throughout the city, including the SE, so you may want visit one of them and have a consultation. You might luck out and find someone you like. http://www.angleshair.ca/locations.php

When I was living in Oakville, I had a tough time finding a good hairdresser. So whenever I saw someone with a good hairdo I would just approach them and ask them who did their hair. I always got a positive response and did find a great hairdresser. Good luck

P.S Men will never understand women and their hairdos. Have been working on HID for many years and he is a lost cause. Just had a nice cut and colour today and returned home, expecting to be greeted with a "wow your hair looks great", only to be completely ignored. Apparently, it was a critical point in the England match. He is trying to be all lovey dovey now, but I told him to "think on" as the window of opportunity had passed.
Doh you came home when the England match was on and you expected him to notice your hair unless nekkid and carrying beer and wings.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 10:07 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the being naked with beer and wings would have made one bit of difference. Anyway, he will rue the day! As men don't get women's hairdos, I don't get men and footy.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

My cousin owns a salon in the NE of your interested...
Old Jun 15th 2012, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I had a great cut at an Angles. Pricey at $57 but I have an inverted bob and I have a lot of hair so it needs chipping a lot and she did a great job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.